GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by cereal killer, Nov 16, 2009.

1. RosarioM

RosarioM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The rotating cube isn't too impressive. I could do this with my Windows Mobile device running SPB Mobile Shell: SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software

2. foolie

foolie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, I'll let you know when I start doing intensive stuff on it. I've done multiple window browsing, Email, SMS, Meebo, FB, Pandora, and Tunewiki and so far its still running fine as if I didn't do any of that. The only crash I noticed is when I change the wallpaper to something else, which doesn't bother me in the least.

The rotating cube is a cool feature, but I love the normal transitions best. Gives me that motion parallax feel when I'm scrolling through the home screens.

The whole theme runs VERY smooth. It's only when I'm scrolling through the applications list is when it lags. But if you don't notice it, it most likely won't bother you.

The developer of GDE has a thread over @ XDA and has been very responsive on the issues spotted. He just released an update today to fix wallpaper glitches :D such as wallpaper scrunching when pulling up the settings tab...though I'm pretty sure I'll get a crash when changing my wallpaper.

#26 foolie, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am using it also. Its very nice and will easily become my favorite. It is a little buggy and lags some on my Droid, when flipping threw screens and some times it spazzes out and flickers caught between two. All in all i am keeping it in hopes more compatibility is on the way:icon_ banana:

4. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    SPB Mobile Shell was infinitely better implemented (on my Imagio) than my experience with GDE on my DROID, both visually and functionally.

We'll see how things develop, because GDE does have loads of potential, but (for me) the second that SPB Mobile Shell finds its way to the Android/DROID platform - We'll Have A Winner!

Happy DROIDing ​

5. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Whatever....Either the app works or it doesn't. If they want the public to be the beta testers then they should give it out for free then when the kinks are worked out charge for it.

I'm well over 25 and I don't think anything should be sold unless it's a finished product.

6. foolie

foolie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you guys thinkin about it though, SPB is staffed company, GDE is by one guy. I'd have to say for a home replacement that just came out last month, it has been getting better exponentially update by update.

7. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yep...posted this in the apps section as well. Been using it a little while, but the new update for the Droid is nice.

8. BzB

BzB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    subscribed. as developers get more time with the droid these apps are going to be awesome.

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    So it's official then Foolie and Gardos are the point men : )

When they say it's good to go and pretty stable, I'll definitely be getting this one.

thanks gents

10. RosarioM

RosarioM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded it and gave it a try and wasn't crazy about it, so I returned it. That's the great thing about the Marketplace. If you don't like an app, you just return it, no problems. I think the App Store gives you two returns max... not that Apple would allow you to run anything that could mess with their "perfect" UI...

11. PeteyPete

PeteyPete New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like Ubuntu w/ Compiz

12. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like stewie griffin says to the hasbro kids toy best thing ever I WANT IT!!!!!!