GDE - How to remove widgets?

rharrisky

Reaction score
I just downloaded GDE yesterday and am thrilled with it, but in my learning/experimenting, I've got a widget on a home screen I want on another screen. Do I have to remove it from that screen and then add it to another screen, or do I just move it to another screen somehow. I've tried everything I know, so I figure it's something I don't know. So...my question is two-fold. How do you remove widgets? And can/how do you move widgets to another screen?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded GDE yesterday and am thrilled with it, but in my learning/experimenting, I've got a widget on a home screen I want on another screen. Do I have to remove it from that screen and then add it to another screen, or do I just move it to another screen somehow. I've tried everything I know, so I figure it's something I don't know. So...my question is two-fold. How do you remove widgets? And can/how do you move widgets to another screen?

Removing widgets is the same as in the default home screen. Long press and drag to the trash can. However, on my "themed" version of GDE the trash can appears in the lower right corner. I was surprised to see on my wife's new droid that the trashcan replaces the app drawer icon. I'd forgotten that. Not sure if it works exactly the same way on the non-themed GDE, but the functionality is there.

As for dragging widgets (icons, actually) from one screen to another, that, too, works as it does on the default homescreen. Long press on the icon and drag to the edge of the window. If you're using the cube effect (as you probably are) just wait a sec and the homescreen will shift to the next side of the "cube."

(You might have to disable a setting for GDE that allows "fast flipping," I'm not sure. I found that option to be more trouble than it was worth since it flipped several homescreens when I "swished" my finger across the screen. I couldn't predict how many screens would be "passed by" so I disabled the feature and the cube moves one screen at a time.)

I like GDE very much. It definitely introduces some "lagginess" when I change homescreens but that may be because I have a seven sided cube filled with apps.

cashen

Reaction score
I cannot remove the Power bar widget (i duplicated it by mistake and have two showing). It will not drag to the trash area at the bottom.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot remove the Power bar widget (i duplicated it by mistake and have two showing). It will not drag to the trash area at the bottom.

Yes, it will. You just have to know the secret. I'm tempted to tell you to PM me and we can make a deal....

Oh never mind. Just long press one of the corners of the widget and you can drag it to the trash can. Don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. Try another edge/corner and eventually it will cooperate.

butch350

Reaction score
When dragging the item to the trash can - the item in question will change
color as you hold it over the trash can - when this change takes place release the finger and the item should disappear into the trash can.

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Removing Widgets

Yes, it will. You just have to know the secret. I'm tempted to tell you to PM me and we can make a deal....

Oh never mind. Just long press one of the corners of the widget and you can drag it to the trash can. Don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. Try another edge/corner and eventually it will cooperate.

Thanks, your tip worked very well! I thought I was a goner! Thanks again!