GDE Homescreen

warrior21

Reaction score
I used it for a while with the hero theme and it worked really well but helix is a little smoother for me.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea Im playing around with it now, I like the 'cubed' transition between the homepages.. :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used GDE pretty much exclusively for several months. I liked it very much, despite some "lagginess" from time to time. I've recently switched to Helix1 and found that although the latter appears to be "smoother," a stopwatch indicates virtually identical performance on my phone.

I, too, liked the "cube" transition among home screens. I also liked the fact that the home screens were "connected" all the way around. Thus, screen #7 was next to screen #1 and screen #6. Screen #6 to the left and #1 to the right.

From my perspective the biggest advantage of Helix1 is the availability of four permanent user-selectable icons at the bottom of each screen. I use these for four shortcut sets created with FolderOrganizer and it leaves me with the maximum amount of screen real estate to see my wallpaper.

GDE has another approach with a 4x1 panel of apps that can be scrolled. It's useful, however, only if you want to place five or more apps on the "app dock" since with fewer than five you can simply place the icons individually on the screen.

Finally, I found that GDE had more FC's than Helix1. But I'm inclined to think that may be a result of other factors and cleaning up my screens when I went to Helix1. In any event, it was a minor irritant, not a dealbreaker.

Hope this helps.