GDE Home

bdtom

Reaction score
Installed GDE Home and set it as my default - how do you change it back or delete it if you don't want to use it?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Like any other program. settings, APplication, manage, select and uninstall.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you just want to change the default, then it's

settings/applications/manage apps/home/clear defaults

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I had that problem and could NOT clear defaults, etc. Download an app called "Homeswitcher" from the marketplace. It's free and works perfectly.

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

bad_frog66

Reaction score
I had that problem and could NOT clear defaults, etc. Download an app called "Homeswitcher" from the marketplace. It's free and works perfectly.

Thanks. I was also having a problem and Homeswitcher worked great!:icon_ banana:

BAYtownBRAWLER

Reaction score
gde forceclose

im gettin alot of lag and forcecloses with GDE. i like it alot and im hesitant to swich back but id like to speed it up. any hints?

wylie

Reaction score
im gettin alot of lag and forcecloses with GDE. i like it alot and im hesitant to swich back but id like to speed it up. any hints?

Make sure you aren't running any widgets on your default home pages. This gave me fits until I removed them.

BAYtownBRAWLER

Reaction score
Default settings???

That helped but now for some reason its switching back to the original home on its own. I cant figure out how to change the default settings. Someone help please its not in manage apps....

chadgqx

Reaction score
I quit using until an update was released today.... now NO lag!! its GREAT!!!

Chad

BAYtownBRAWLER

Reaction score
update?

so where is this update? its not on the market.... and i havent been sent anything to my phone.

imiller913

Reaction score
so where is this update? its not on the market.... and i havent been sent anything to my phone.

you might have to go into the market and hit the menu button and select downloads and it should be listed there if dev updated app.

a21gomez

Reaction score
GDE Home HELP!!

Let me preface this by saying that I'm new (and ignorant to the Android OS), but am enjoying the new OS, although I'm taking my share of lumps along the way.

My phone is the Motorola Droid with 2.0 OS and 2.0.1 firmware.

I recently downloaded the GDE Home App and am playing around with it. So far my only complaint is that it seems to lag when opening up applications, going to a different page, etc. I've been reading some of the posts and hope to figure that part out.

However, I just ran into a problem. I was seeing what happens when I added the "Application Dock" widget on a screen. I found out the answer... it locks the screen. Nothing was added to the screen, it just locked it. I can't rotate to any other screens. Phone works. Menu works. + works.

Any ideas on how to fix that? All help is greatly appreciated.