GDE home question...

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by BostonDroid, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

How do I make the screen that I want as the default home screen be actually default? Right now I am using the "normal" transition and the default screen is like 4th out of the 5 screens instead of the first? Any ideas?
  2. Trip

Trip New Member

Hit the settings button at the bottom of the unit (the one with the horizontal lines beside the back button), then control panel, then desktop settings. Scroll down to Set Default Desktop and slide the slider to the number screen you want. You will need to hit the button at the bottom that says "Changes to the above settings requires a restart. Click to restart".

Not sure if you know this, but you can check to see which screen is actually your home screen (and get to it quickly too) by hitting the home key a second time.
  3. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

sweet! Thanks man!
  4. a21gomez

a21gomez New Member

Default home screen

Thanks for that info. I downloaded the GDE from the marketplace and like the extra 'home screen' options and didn't set it as a default home application and couldn't figure out how to do it.

However, before I do so, I'd like to know how to re-set the default home application to the one the Droid came with. Can anybody help me with that?

Also, is anybody else noticing that the GDE makes everything lag a little bit? It takes longer to open applications, messages, etc. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Search tags for this page

mek gde