1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GDE has been updated in the market

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Mojo, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

The title pretty much says it all..

It seems to run a little smoother so far. But there was no change/release notes in the market. Post what you find different.
  2. jnashr

jnashr New Member

Just updated. Does seem pretty smooth, but now it shows 5 duplicate icons for each of my apps.
  3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Mine did not do that.... try to reset it.
  4. mynameiserich

mynameiserich New Member

I did not have a problem with duplicate apps. The problem I do have (and has not been resolved by a reinstall of the app) is that when I download a new app from market place it does not show up in the all applications menu. I end up having to hit the small arrow at the top of the list to view all folders, then go back to the all applications view and it then will be there. Anyone having the same problem?? Just download a free app and see if this occurs on your phone as well.

Thank you
  5. xmnj

xmnj New Member

I have the same issue and have posted it over at the developers forums located at GDE - Version 0.1 in the market! - xda-developers
  6. mynameiserich

mynameiserich New Member

Ok, I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. Out of curiousity, how does everyone set up their theme? I use 4 pages, uses cube transition. 2 pages with apps, and two pages with widgets. I also clicked the little arrow on the left in the applications menu and set up a bunch of folders titled games, productivity, etc. etc. and I have all of my apps organized in there - makes things a lot easier to navigate - just have to remember to add new app downloads.
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I did, but the duplicates went away. I just downloaded a free app and it didn't show up. I went to the stock home page. It was there and when I went to GDE, it was there as well. It might have appeared the way you suggested.

BTW, I see the youtube demos at http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-rogro-gde-zwAp.aspx and see that there is a spot where where you can have a set of 4 icons move separately. I suppose that's so you can have the same 4 icons on each page. How is that done?
  8. GSteagall

GSteagall New Member

I had the duplicate app issue with the previous version but not with the current version (so far) :)

I used 5 screens, fade transition. 3rd (middle) page is my home page with all of my most used apps, to the right is my "Gallery/Music/Camera" icons with my FB/Youtube widgets, furthest right is kind of blank right now, lol. To the left is my calendar, clock, Pandora, and Music player widgets, furthest left I have folders organized by "Media/School/Games/Sports/Shopping/Tools", and Astro right next to this along with the power widget.
  9. fjhiii

fjhiii New Member

I keep emailing the developer asking for the option to select an app for the right toolbar key. I would love to have it set for Google Voice.

Has anyone had any luck at setting an app to the button other then the ones that are currently offered?
  10. kiwiguy

kiwiguy New Member

I posted this in a different thread a couple of days ago - but the updated app still has this issue:

"There is a bug in GDE on how it handles the dialer app if you set either the Left or Right GDE toolbar buttons to "Call". (these are the buttons on either side of the pullup menu on the bottom that are programmable)

When you go to make a call pressing on the GDE Phone icon, it works fine - it displays the dialer keypad and you can make a call. However if you move away from the dialer screen for any reason while the call is in progress, when you press the GDE Phone icon a second time to - it does not display the little "popup" screen where it asks you do you want to:
    - Return to the Call in Progress
    - Add call
    - Use touchtone keypad

It always takes you straight to a fresh dialer screen with the green "Dial" button in the middle.

At this stage, I would usually just start pressing buttons at random trying to get back to a screen where I could see the Red Hangup button. (Yes I realize that I could swipe down the notifications area and then click on the call in progress there - but that is far less convenient that pressing on the Phone icon!).

I was not aware that the popup screen even existed - I thought I was doing something wrong. It was not until I removed GDE then discovered this difference.

Anyway, I have gone back to using GDE, but put the actual Dialer app icon on my Home page and use that instead of the GDE dialer. All works fine now.

(Also if you start the call using the GDE soft key and then try to return to the call by long pressing the Home key and selecting the Dialer app - that also takes you directly to a new dial screen - not to the popup")
  11. Bimmerjo

Bimmerjo New Member

GixxerJoe, You has a PM!