GDE application dock

M

Matth3w

I know this certainly has to have been discussed before but I can't search for GDE only application dock, and they don't seem to have an official website...

What is the purpose of this/how does it work? I see it listed in the options but not really what it does.

Sorry for the duplicate question.

HMJB

Reaction score
I know this certainly has to have been discussed before but I can't search for GDE only application dock, and they don't seem to have an official website...

What is the purpose of this/how does it work? I see it listed in the options but not really what it does.

Sorry for the duplicate question.

Its a widget you can drag on to your homescreen..
You can drag on many app icons to the widget which you would be able to swipe through.

OP
M

Matth3w

Ah ok, thanks. Pure calendar widget doesn't seem to work with GDE though....it just says "loading data" when I try to add it.

OP
M

Matth3w

Hmmm a reboot solved that but it doesn't seem to work with bettercut.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Matt have you tried abc organizer? I've had bettercut since november but now that abc lets you customize icon apps as well as folder icons..i deleted it. now no more recustomizing icons when I do a wipe or change homes. they STAY in abc :D check it out.

OP
M

Matth3w

Well that's cool but I think that if I create an icon it has to be on the default home. It doesn't work for GDE unless I'm mistaken.

Can anyone get a custom icon on the GDE homescreen?

OP
M

Matth3w

Matt have you tried abc organizer? I've had bettercut since november but now that abc lets you customize icon apps as well as folder icons..i deleted it. now no more recustomizing icons when I do a wipe or change homes. they STAY in abc :D check it out.
I looked at it, it seems exactly like Apps Organizer (which I already have). But that doesn't allow me to make a custom icon for a single shortcut like SMS or GMail on my GDE desktop.

OP
M

Matth3w

You made standard shortcuts to SMS and then changed the icon on GDE? No a folder or label, just ONE shortcut....?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes abc does let you for a single app. I think this was part of their last update

HMJB

Reaction score
My previous comment was for Pure calender

I just reinstalled Bettercut and made a shortcut to Astro File manager on my homescreen that is using GDE.....no problem.

OP
M

Matth3w

I can't edit shortcuts from there...they don't show up if they are on the GDE desktop

OP
M

Matth3w

Wow I am getting a TON of force closes with GDE. It lags for like 30 seconds and I can't do a damn thing then it FC.