1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GDE and Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Mmracing, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Mmracing

Mmracing New Member

I have searched and could not find a solution... I apologize if this has already been asked.

I'm using GDE with 5 screens. I am using the Droid Eye wallpaper and I'm having problems with it displaying correctly. I'm using the Cube transition and on the main screen only half of the eye is displayed on the right side of the screen. If I move to the right screen the eye displays half on the left side of the screen.

I'm hoping there is a way to display the entire eye in the center of the main screen while using the cube transition but can not find a way to do it without changing the desktop transition to normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I ran into this issue as well.... GDE developer said it's the way the coding is for the cube effect, no way around it.

Someone had a work around.... I believe they said to set the wallpaper on the stock home to what you want on GDE and then switching to GDE... I don't see how this would work but she claimed it did! (Sorry I can't give credit I forgot who said it... I think Corinacakes figured a work around)
  3. psufan5

psufan5 New Member

They have wallpapers that are continuous and you will not see a mess up.
  4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

yeeeup it was me lol. it did work!! i have no split screen now on gde. just go to yur stock home and set yur wallPaper there. for some reason it gives a dif size than gde :D i luv gde!!
  5. Mmracing

Mmracing New Member

Corinacakes,
    That didn't work for me. I went to the stock home, set the droid eye, and went back to GDE. It displayed correctly on the stock home but the eye is not centered in GDE using cubes transition. :(
  6. Corinacakes

Damn! im sorry..works for me but i dont have the eye to try it
  7. Mmracing

Mmracing New Member

8. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Corina!! Thanks for finding this thread... lol. I wasn't sure if it was your or not who told me about the GDE wallpaper work around. Glad you made your way here to help.

Hope you didn't mind me name dropping. At least I got it right :)
  9. zasran

zasran New Member

Default homescreen displays part of the image, when you move to the other screen it moves wallpaper a bit (giving the move a sort of parallax feel). That way a wallpaper that is two screens wide is used for three screens.

However cube is a different matter, it cannot do this lagging, it just turns around, each side of the cube has one half of the image.

If this does not make any sense try it with the image that has some markers so that you can follow how it moves.

If you want middle of the image in the middle of one of the GDE screens that you have to change the wallpaper so that it has middle of the image in the middle of one half of the wallpaper.

ero
  10. Corinacakes

MMRacing: ok i did a search at the market for GDE eye and it came up with the wallPaper you want. Apparently the one that works for the cube has 2 eyeballs lol. it aint perfect but it's better than the link you gave me or the other ones i've been ocd'n over tryin to make it work. try that it doesn't have the split on one of yur screens.

Martin: you can drop my name anytime ;)
  11. hecate

hecate New Member

This is an easy fix if you have photo editing software on your pc.

GDE puts the center of your wallpaper image on the edge of the cube. So just center whatever you want in the middle of your home screen in the middle of the left half of your source image.

You can also stitch two different 480x854 images together to get different wallpapers on different screens.

Works best with wallpapers saved at 960x854.
Search tags for this page

gde wallpaper