GDE and SS 4.4

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Baconstrip, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Baconstrip

Baconstrip New Member

I was wondering if anyone else was using GDE and SS4.4. I love GDE as a home replacement, and it's been working great with everything I've used.

Problem with Simply Stunning and GDE, is that sometimes when I awake my phone from being turned off for awhile, for about 10-15 seconds GDE starts getting -extremely- choppy and almost freezes up. There's no real way to replicate this, and it maybe happens about 30-40% of the time. It's rather annoying and given that I really like GDE and it's neato screen transitions, but I'm also enjoying simply stunning. What to do!

I was running the 1GHZ ULV kernel, but switched over to the LV kernel to see if that would help, but it wasn't any different.

This didn't happen with my previous froyo ROM which was.... umm... one of the first FROYO roms to come out. Can't remember which :)

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any possible causes for this, or if anyone else is having the same issue and it's just some GDE / SS conflict.

Thanks!
  2. Baconstrip

Baconstrip New Member

By the way, this may be useful to someone in the future. I pretty much solved my issue (home screen refresh) by removing the setcpu widget. My phone now runs quickly and flawlessly :)
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Also, this was a known issue in 4.4 - if you upgrade to 4.5, you'll be able to keep SetCPU :)