1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

G'daiy, maite, can voice to text work with an accent?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by KSyrahSyrah, Dec 5, 2010.

1. KSyrahSyrah

KSyrahSyrah New Member

DH is Australian, and thinks he would like to move to a DroidX, although he is concerned that he will 'never leave work,' but he has an accent; no "R's" and pronunces an ending 'O' or 'a' with an er.

Does anyone else here have an accent and uses the voice to text feature successfully? I get some pretty funny translations myself without an accent. His fingers are too big to use the keypad (he tried.) I did try searching but couldn't find anything. I can't imagine that he would be the only one with this problem......
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I believe there are free plugins you can download to make the phone match your accent. You would probably find it in the language and keyboard setting... I may have dreamed it though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I have some friends with some "wicked" strong Boston accents and it seems to work ok with them, probably not quite the same as having a full on Australian accent but the Boston accent is pretty thick.
  4. Section Twelve

Section Twelve New Member

I'm from Boston and the phone works decently for me. Sometimes it will get wicked retarded on me, but I just tell it to calm its liver and it gets me what I am asking for.
Search tags for this page
android voice changer boston accent

australian accent text to speech

australian accent thnks maite
australian accent translator voice
how to change accent of voice on galaxy s3
how to text funny accents

how to text in an australian accent

how to text with an australian accent
text funnh accents

text to speech australian accent

text to speech boston accent