G'daiy, maite, can voice to text work with an accent?

KSyrahSyrah

Reaction score
DH is Australian, and thinks he would like to move to a DroidX, although he is concerned that he will 'never leave work,' but he has an accent; no "R's" and pronunces an ending 'O' or 'a' with an er.

Does anyone else here have an accent and uses the voice to text feature successfully? I get some pretty funny translations myself without an accent. His fingers are too big to use the keypad (he tried.) I did try searching but couldn't find anything. I can't imagine that he would be the only one with this problem......

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe there are free plugins you can download to make the phone match your accent. You would probably find it in the language and keyboard setting... I may have dreamed it though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have some friends with some "wicked" strong Boston accents and it seems to work ok with them, probably not quite the same as having a full on Australian accent but the Boston accent is pretty thick.

Reaction score
I have some friends with some "wicked" strong Boston accents and it seems to work ok with them, probably not quite the same as having a full on Australian accent but the Boston accent is pretty thick.

I'm from Boston and the phone works decently for me. Sometimes it will get wicked retarded on me, but I just tell it to calm its liver and it gets me what I am asking for.