GCI(Alaska) Droid having APN issues...

akguanja

Reaction score
Well this is my first smart phone so go easy on me here, and my first droid too. I got this phone used and it had been previously connected on the supposedly on the same local network im on now which is GCI in Alaska.

I managed to get the phone hooked up fine from the local company etc but it will not work for internet im still new to the settings myself but 2 of the local employee's could not figure out what is wrong everything seems normal with the phone it even works fine with wi-fi connection. They even supposedly Factory Reset the phone 2 times.

What should I do for the phone now how do I get into the APN settings? When I go into mobile settings all I get is "Data Roaming" and "system select" as options, Again maybe I'm missing something here but if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

BTW the phone is a Motorola Milestone a855

I was planning on trying to upgrade this phone to something like Cyanogen or one of the other ROMS on this site but at this point im just trying to figure out what settings might have been disabled/deleted from the phone before i got it that wont allow it to work with my DATA plan.

Any Suggestions? I am able to get into the Market via Wi-Fi

OP
A

akguanja

Reaction score
Okay, No replies eh?

Well with no help at all I've managed to since the previous post root the phone and install cyanogen mod 6.1.2 on the phone and then when i go into APNs via voice dialer i had no APN's at all so im still without internet.

Then i found a gci-signed file that someone up here in alaska had and it i used recovery to flash the file and i now have a GCI Wireless APN in my apn list but again still no internet im thinking i must be missing some settings anyone able to give me any insight?

Thanks alot.