GB vs. Focused 2.0

wrenglejr

Reaction score
Recently rooted (for 1st time) and flashed Rubix Focused 2.0. With the new Gingerbread OTA officially coming out soon, should I worry about doing anything?

I am unsure if having Gingerbread installed will affect the performance of Focused at all. My thought is it would not as these are two seperate operating systems????

Regardless, I am seeing some pretty quick benchmarks from the leaked version of GB that rival the 1700 or so where I am now (Quadrant score). If this is the case, any other than crapware, why stay rooted?

I realized I have asked several questions here, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

z06mike

Reaction score
If you are rooted and ROMed, you WILL NOT get the OTA update so you don't have to worry.

What do you mean by having GB installed will affect Focused?

As far as quadrant goes, you can forget about it. What you should focus on is how does your phone perform, period. If you like it then keep it that way.

You stay rooted to use apps that need root, and to be able to install ROMs, themes, overclock, underclock, etc.

fox_dye

Reaction score
It is impossible to run both gingerbread and focused. As they are both operating systems and incompatible with each other.

If you want to give gingerbread a try go ahead. There is a pre rooted version floating around that is pretty smooth. If you decide to try gingerbread make sure you read up on how to sbf your phone with rsd as that is the only way to get back to froyo.

Like the guy above me said don't put any stock in benchmark Apps. They are a load of bs and don't really mean crap. If your phone runs good for you then that's all that matters. Hell I got a potato that has higher benchmarks than my dx and it tastes better too.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

OP
W

wrenglejr

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. So as I see it, no need to worry about GB, at all, providing Focused 2.0 is working well. I will stay rooted and perhaps keep seeing what new ROM's are available that could perform better than Focused.

Thanks!

johhnyred23

Reaction score
Gb because of the new forbidden theme. Awesome!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums