GB Update is out!

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by cbreze, Sep 30, 2011.

1. cbreze

cbreze Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Title says it all, get yours on.:icon_ banana:

2. vintageracer

vintageracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe this has a bootloader that is functional on it. I cant wait to play with it.

3. GeneRs

GeneRs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope root comes SOON.

If anyone figures out how to root after the update or finds instructions anywhere, would you please be so kind as to post it here? I had rooted and moved Swype to my system apps before the update. Thought the process would eliminate it but it's still there. Now I can't reclaim root ( Super One Click doesn't work ) and I keep getting F/C messages for Swype. Otherwise, GB is NICE on my Commando.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. pokskip

pokskip Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So, had to uproot to do this update, and i like these changes so far. I'm sad face book sync Still does not work though.... going to try rooting in a few days.

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums

5. GeneRs

GeneRs Member

Ratings:
    +0

Let us know if you get root and if you do, HOW YOU DID IT. I've tried Super One Click and Gingerbreak and both methods just hang.

You're right, the update is pretty nice but man do I need to root this puppy. Keep us informed

6. Dawg72

Dawg72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And where might we find this update? I have a friend with this phone who is quite interested. Thanks.

7. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should just be able to pull it through your system update menu. It broke netflix for me, but other than that seems okay. Screen transitions seem a little smoother.

8. Firechicken69

Firechicken69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Is anyone having any luck rooting?? I am trying to help a friend root his Casio Commando C771 after Verizon updated it OTA - 9/30/11 @ 3:54AM. I have had no luck with SuperOneCLick or Gingerbreak either. Any ideas???

EDIT: I had the phone rooted before the update and it worked great. The Superuser app is still installed but it won't work because the phone says it isn't rooted.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  9. cbreze

cbreze Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have not rooted, but everywhere I look around the different forums and google info is saying no one has re rooted after the upgrade and quite a few are just having problems upgrading at all even after un-rooting. Maybe Verizon put some bad anti rooting juju in it. ;)

10. reh8388

reh8388 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm one of those people who is unable to update mine. No matter what I do it won't update. Now that I am seeing you can't root the phone after the update I will probably wait until that is sorted before trying to get the update to work.

11. vintageracer

vintageracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I tried updating but got the error: 410 it said something about not getting a previous IP. What would cause this?

12. Firechicken69

Firechicken69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we've established that already. I have read, quite thoroughly, that no one has successfully rooted the new update. I, along with others, am actively pursuing a solution. Does anyone have anything constructive to post? Any breakthroughs or new updates to existing rooting software?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  13. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just downloaded it. It rebooted my phone like 3 times so far. Only things I can find that are different are the pull down menus are black instead of white.
    And if you hold down the middle button that usually brings up the Apps window, then it will come up with a small shot of all 5 home screens. Then you can pick one. Big deal, now you don't have to scroll left or right.

We tried to update another Commando & it tanked the phone. VZW is having to replace it altogether. They didn't push the subject much so I'm inclined to think it's happened once or twice before.

14. foxman250

foxman250 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm kinda scared to root my phone... any1 know when Verizon plans to release Gingerbread for this phone without me having to root? Still no new updates available right now...

15. cbreze

cbreze Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You don't have to root your phone to get GB. As a matter of fact from what the rooted users are reporting it won't install if rooted. Just check your phone for any available update and follow the prompts. If you do nothing it will eventually install by itself anyway.

Search tags for this page
c771 software update
c771 update
c771 update software
cannot connect to server on gzone
casio c771 software update
casio c771 update
casio c771 will not check for update
casio commando custom rom

casio commando update failed

how to disable gps on casio c771