OP
V

ViperX

Reaction score
Gb is awesome very zippy by fae best android version to date

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ackshun

Reaction score
So when will we actually know if this is the FINAL build for GB?

I hope it is not.. I can't get my email to work on this release. It may be the way my server team setup the email... but it worked fine prior.

xan

Reaction score
If im not mistaken, I believe ViperX (OP) downloaded GB instead of pulling it down automatically OTA....?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently only a handful of people got the update, either by mistake, or as a test run.

While this update is signed by Motorola, there is still some debate if it is the official OTA.

Obviously any of them that are pushed should be, or else they are tests and they will get another push for the official one I would imagine.

I just SBF'd my phone last night back to stock Froyo and am hoping to get the update, but I do have this latest version on my SD card in the update.zip file that I can install at any time.

I want to make sure that I can root it though, as some of the apps that I use require it, like memory app that I use to free up memory and things like that.

xan

Reaction score
i cant believe it would be final with the unbelievably bright hardkey lights...

quiet1

Reaction score
Well this sucks. I SBF'ed back to froyo (from GB w/o root) thinking that VZW was rolling out the OTA. Damn, should have waited a little bit longer before going back to froyo. If the leaked GB is any indication of what's to come, I can't wait for the GB OTA to start rolling, I'm already missing some of the benefits from GB.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So is there a working root for this version yet?

Knowing that the DX is a retired model, this will likely be the last update, so I don't know that it makes a difference if we install this one or wait a week or two for the "official" release. I had the leak from a few weeks ago and it was awesome, no issues for me.

But I do need root. Not for tethering, but for deleting bloat, cleaning things up, using more aggressive memory settings, etc...

OP
V

ViperX

Reaction score
Can I tried to install it but never could I am new at this stuff. So I gave up and then boom there was gb

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wolfpack2192

Reaction score
I'm not really tech savvy when it comes to this rooting stuff but I was able to figure out how to put GB on my DX. Wow! What a difference, this phone is even faster and smooth. I love the new look also, it really makes the quality of this device stand out. Benchmarked my stock DX w/ GB at 1804! dancedroid