Gb leak questions

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
Ok there are so many threads on the official gingerbread leak i am confused. So maybe you fellas can answer my questions directly.

1. Where do i download the leak?
2. I am running stock rooted. So can i just flash over or must i sbf back to non root stock?
3. I have seen different threads stating that this leak is not rooted and i have seen others that it is. Which is it?
4. If it is rooted would i have to sbf or just flash?
5.can some one post the link to the official leak rooted(if there is one)?

I would appreciate answers like i stated i am confused now with all the posts i would like to try it but dont wanna lose root. Thanks guys

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola DROID X, DROID 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) ROMs Leak; How to Install Them

Easy. As. Pie.

Just follow the instructions. Mine restarted right into GB, didn't have to activate the phone, didn't need to do anything. I did clear the cache just as a normal precation, but so far it runs and looks great. It was nice to see my Quadrant scores jump from 1350 to 1665 though... Whether that actually means anything, I am not sure, but the phone feels fast and responsive.

salem

Reaction score
I, too, came from stock rooted. I was worried before I flashed to gb due to all the 'mine messed up' threads.

My installation was as smooth as butter. This is what I did, again coming from just stock/z4 root:

1) back up music/pic/misc. files on a laptop.
2) format sd card... just to start fresh
3) put gb prerooted file on sd card
4) in cwr- wipe cache x4, wipe data x4, wipe dalvek cache x4, wipe battery stats x4
5) flash dxgbrooted rom... took about 4 minutes
6) set up phone

No issues or bugs whatsoever. I did have to do the market fix app to get overclock app back... no biggie.

The only app that I found that doesnt work is vignette, but the devs are working on it.

salem

Reaction score
Ok
1. Where do i download the leak?
2. I am running stock rooted. So can i just flash over or must i sbf back to non root stock?
3. I have seen different threads stating that this leak is not rooted and i have seen others that it is. Which is it?
4. If it is rooted would i have to sbf or just flash?
5.can some one post the link to the official leak rooted(if there is one)?

1) I got my dl of prerooted gb at mydroidworld in droid x forum. There are three dls- deodoxed, prerelease gb, and prerooted gb. U want the prerooted one. DL on a computer and transfer, it's big
2) ymmv... I was stock/z4 root.... no custom rom at all. I did not sbf.
3) the first leak that came out was nonrooted, the second came prerooted, the third (deodoxed) is just an optional add-on after u flash the preooted gb. Again u want the prerooted one.
4) don't understand ur question
5) mydroidworld.com.... look in the droid x forum

I am far from a tech expert. I just read a bunch and followed the directions of others, and it worked..... lol

Hopefully, someone else will come and help u out more.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If you're only rooted but still running stock you don't have to sbf. That's how I did it and I had no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
so i downloaded the leak i think it is one of the best things i have tried(besides ultimate droid. But thats dead in the water) and everything is beautiful and flawless although the only problem i seem to have is i cannot go into CW. Am i missing something? A trick if some sorts? How would i be able to install things if i cannot get into CW?

mjsplicer

Reaction score
Been running GB leak since it got rooted/deodexed and I have had issue with FCs on apparently but so far if I uninstall and redownload from market they work fine. Phone running smooth themes it with Juicemane even hit a Quadrant of 2000 running it. I have no complaints