[ROM] (GB) Eclipse1.3 for d4

weber3040

Reaction score
Well I had the droid 3 for awhile and I rooted and ROMed and the ROM I flashed had the fm radio app. And the droid 3 didn't come with the fm radio from the factory. So it seemed possible. But I'm not sure what was involved to make it work.

Ttdag

Reaction score
can you follow the new install instructions dude?
first
boot to safestrap. second factory reset. third install rom. reboot.
thats it. dont install gapps! the fccs are from stuff mixin around with the /data folder and conflicting with /system folder

I follow install instructions, that's why I came here and asked because I did that, but then someone suggested flashing gapps. So I tried it but I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to. I was just trying every possible thing. But uhh its alright I'll just stick with old market for now

kwyrt

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to wipe data when flashing a newer version of this ROM over an older version, correct? Just cache and dalvik? That's the way most ROMs I've used worked. When I installed 1.3.6 my Google Play reverted to an older version of Market for some reason and it doesn't want to update even after wiping the app data and cache.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to wipe data when flashing a newer version of this ROM over an older version, correct? Just cache and dalvik? That's the way most ROMs I've used worked. When I installed 1.3.6 my Google Play reverted to an older version of Market for some reason and it doesn't want to update even after wiping the app data and cache.
you have to factory reset b4 you flash now due to the script i had to add so that the new swipe will work.

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What did you have to do to Swype? Did you theme it to match everything?

kwyrt

Reaction score
For anyone having trouble with Market not updating on the newest build, here is the fix. Big thanks to xredjokerx on XDA for figuring this out!

"The current market is under the name phonesky.apk

I am going to delete it, reboot and see what happens.

Update: it works! There is already a vending 3.5.16 in system/apps

After deleting phonesky.apk and rebooting, play store shows as it should.
I guess phonesky.apk just takes precedence. Crisis averted!"

I tested this out myself and it does indeed work!

Edit: Build 1.3.7 fixes this issue.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I just installed .7 and the autocap works which was the last remaining problem for me.

Thanks for the great work Myfishbear!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Spelling suggestions doesnt work now. It worked before and I didn't change any setting since flashing .7. Suggestions is turned on, but not autocorrect since it sometimes chooses the wrong words.

EDIT: I'M now back to the prior version, I couldn't stand the lack of suggestions, I could deal with pressing the shift key to capitalize the first letter in a sentence.

Last edited:

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I ment as in the layout and customization...looks the same as cm9 to me...

It is a rom/theme that I created. The only thing ICS that I used is the icons for the apps. I themed thousands of images. The blue is a baby blue and not ICS blue. But at a glance it is similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2