GB 588 Leak Question...

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
i figured as much, otherwise so many people wouldn't be using it. But i always seem to have bad luck when i assume something. and I am right in the middle of flashing the 588 version of GB, so just wanted to make sure before i went all the way with it. I do have to say, on a side note, I've only been an Android user, since the last week of December when my GF and I got D2G's, and Android, is my first Smartphone ever, besides my 4th Gen iPod Touch which i got when it first came out back in November, my point being, only been an Android User for 4 months, installed my first ROM on my D2G, which was Fission (obviously since thats the only ROM they had at the time) and then barely a month ago, i switched it for a new Droid X, and it was then that I got really good at Flashing Custom ROMs, and doing other mods/hacks, and learned to SBF, so that being said, Flashing the new GB leak 588 is way more complex then flashing your standard Custom ROM, but OMFG it is so addicting and fun. I've been building/modding Custom PC
's, Software, Video Games, and Consoles/Handhelds since i was 15, so about 10yrs, and since i Found Android, its like my new frontier and i friggin love it ! I've always loved Google, and now I have a whole nother reason for doing so ! I will fully admit, I am a google Fan Boy lol I love my iPod Touch, a lot, but I'm so glad I didn't go with the iPhone, cause Android was meant for people Like me ! just thought i would share. Anyways, tahnks for answering my question. Cant wait to try some ROMs for the GB leak !

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I had one more question, so in order to install the 588 leak, i had to use the D2 Bootstrap app, well now that i got it installed and what not, do I still need to use the D2 Bootstrap app or can i switch back to the DX one ?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Ok so i have GB installed, and it seems to be running good. But i was supposed to flash one more file after restoring my apps, the Deodexed 2.3.588 file, but whenever i try and flash it, it keeps erroring out, and saying "BAD". whats the problem here. and am i supposed to still have my phone rooted thru z4root, cause it is

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
ok so now my phone isn't rooted, so i'm trying to get D2 bootstrap to install, so i can install the deodexed/root file i mentioned in my last post. but nothing from the market download. So what did i do wrong, everything seemed to be working but not so much now

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Well, finally got it installed, made it thru the hiccups on my own. Figured out why that file wouldn't flash, it was cause it wasn't at the root of my SD, i had it in a folder. But moved it, and it worked perfect. So now I am officially running Android 2.3 Gingerbread Rooted/Deodexed ! and I'm hella diggin it. I'm even digging the new Moto Blur, its not too shabby. all in all, its a pretty dope rom, i'm stoked to play around with it for awhile, and then Try some of the GB Custom ROMs ! WORD !