GB 3g Workaround

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by betolley, Jan 15, 2011.

1. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    It seems it does have to be restarted after you power down/up your device

2. aamzalag

aamzalag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    betolley as i understand u made this apk, so i have a slight problem. i installed it like normal, and i run it fine when i boot my phone, but after about 2 hours it force closes on me multiple times and then diesa nd i have to start it up again. Any1 else have this issue? maybe u can help me fix it?

3. Sandso9

Sandso9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea ive had a couple fc as well

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, several posts back someone mentioned that they made a Tasker task to handle the same thing.

Then, we should be able to make one for timerrific and Locale as well, saving the need to yet another app running in the background lol.

I realize that most people are going to give me heck for this, b/c they have plenty of space to run all sorts of apps - but my D1 is chock full of apps and I already have a lot of autostarting services, and since I already have Locale running for over a year now, it'd be pointless to do this as a separate app. Plus, Locale / Tasker / Timerrific already run at boot, so there is that aspect of 'set it and forget it."

I'm going to take a closer look at the Tasker thingy and see if I can get it working in Locale.

Thanks, betolley, for making this in the first place, to get the ball rolling for a work around.

5. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tasker "End Call" Profile Info

The Tasker profile is nice because it always runs at startup, and I have never had Tasker force closed.

Event > Phone > Phone Idle

TASK
    Net > Airplane Mode ON
    Tasker > Wait 10 seconds
    Net > Airplane Mode OFF​

Theoretically you could toggle "Net > Mobile Data" / "Net > Mobile Data APN". However, the former only works with CDMA and the latter only works with GSM. So I used Airplane mode as it is more universal, and betolly already proved that method works. Hopefully this information will help you experiment with solutions with alternate profile managers. :)

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo.

Now I just need to figure out how to make Locale determine the condition of having just ended a phone call.

Anyone tested to see if this causes all sorts of stupidity if you have 2 calls going (via call waiting) and you end one call but are still on another call after the first ends?

Just curious. At first glance the phone.idle even should prevent this, but it would not surprise me if the phone.idle even was called on accident after ending one call while the other is still active - after all, I have hung up before and then my phone starts ringing and it re-connects me to the original call...

7. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is a good question which is tricky to test. I just posed this question on the Tasker forum, I will try to post the answer when I get it. But I do agree that "Phone Idle" sounds like the phone radio would have to be completely idle before this event would fire.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know. Hopefully, it is as you surmise.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And testing over here would be easy - if I had Tasker installed lol. I have 4 different lines I can call my phone from, so....

10. betolley

betolley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Restore State

I looked at this tonight. I used it all day today. The only time it happened was when my phone was asleep(for a long amount of time) and android stopped the task. When I woke the phone up the service crashed when the os tried to resume the state without the gui. Anyone else can you say what you were doing when you had the crash?

11. Fail Tactics

Fail Tactics Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This link doesn't work, reupload it please. I need a working camera. I wouldn't have installed jeff's latest build if he had not said the camera worked - when it doesn't.

12. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CyanogenMod is officially releasing nightly builds on par with Jeff's releases. Build #3 is current as of this moment and can be downloaded with ROM Manager or at the following URL.

TeamDouche Mirror System

And the current Gapps can be downloaded manually here.
    gapps-gb-20110115-signed.zip is the current release as of now.

Index of /gapps/

Search tags for this page

tasker phone idle

tasker switch to 3g