GB 3g Workaround

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by betolley, Jan 15, 2011.

1. betolley

betolley New Member

Use these at your own risk....But they work for me.
    This is an app that has a service. When you end a call in our outbound. It enables airplane mode for 10 seconds then disables it automatically. The program has to be ran after you start your phone. Leave any comments here please. A black screen will load and them go away.

com.Reset.Connection-1.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Also to get a camera working with Jeffs's current version I took the libs that were missing from the last stock froyo release. You have to use adb to push them to /system/lib. But the camera now works for me. And I am not getting any reboots. This is a zip but you can not install from the recovery.

http://www.4shared.com/file/PAwLoI6C/lib.html
  2. mikesevenfold

mikesevenfold New Member

Sticking with relatively simple flashes, how do I use adb (and what exactly is it, lol) to push the camera fix /system/lib. Thank you
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Interesting concept with the reset application -
  4. hijackerjack

hijackerjack New Member

For the reset app, why don't you have it just toggle data on and off so you can still keep your wifi and other connections on?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I flashed back to GB to test it out - it doesn't enable automatically after a call, I have to manually select the icon for it to toggle - if it worked as proposed this would be a nice workaround
  6. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

I created a Tasker profile which does the same. I just tested it and it seems to do the trick on my Motorola Droid.

Extract the file from the attached .zip, and import it into Tasker.

Update #1: I have explained how I created the Tasker profile on the next page for anyone interested.

Update #2: I just posted an untested solution using Locale.

Attached Files:

7. betolley

betolley New Member

You have to start it the first time. It is a service started by the gui. The instructions say The program has to be ran after you start your phone. So it does work as proposed.

As for the other post. You might want to uninstall the version you have and use the .zip I posted on jeff's gb thread. You might have my old version. It would get killed by the os often. The second post had a working/recognized. service.
  8. betolley

betolley New Member

And for the question about just disconnecting data. I tried. This was written with the sdk not just a script. The connection manager is not exposed in such a way that I could just disable 3g data. I tried for 2 days before I did this.

Also a .zip to install with clockworks that has the camera fix and the 3g reset tool. Be warned the script will delete any odex files. If you use them you might want to comment them out in the zip before you install.

http://www.4shared.com/file/XP6BOZkZ/tolleyGBUpdate.html

As always use at your own risk.
  9. KingxDroid

KingxDroid New Member

This was already posted...
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Got it got it - it does toggle after a call, my apologies :)
  11. betolley

betolley New Member

I also listed it here so anyone looking could find without looking through all of those posts.
  12. betolley

betolley New Member

TP76 where in TN are you from? I am Erwin(East TN).
  13. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

It seems it does have to be restarted after you power down/up your device
  14. aamzalag

aamzalag New Member

betolley as i understand u made this apk, so i have a slight problem. i installed it like normal, and i run it fine when i boot my phone, but after about 2 hours it force closes on me multiple times and then diesa nd i have to start it up again. Any1 else have this issue? maybe u can help me fix it?
  15. Sandso9

Sandso9 New Member

yea ive had a couple fc as well
  16. johnlgalt

johnlgalt New Member

Hmm, several posts back someone mentioned that they made a Tasker task to handle the same thing.

Then, we should be able to make one for timerrific and Locale as well, saving the need to yet another app running in the background lol.

I realize that most people are going to give me heck for this, b/c they have plenty of space to run all sorts of apps - but my D1 is chock full of apps and I already have a lot of autostarting services, and since I already have Locale running for over a year now, it'd be pointless to do this as a separate app. Plus, Locale / Tasker / Timerrific already run at boot, so there is that aspect of 'set it and forget it."

I'm going to take a closer look at the Tasker thingy and see if I can get it working in Locale.

Thanks, betolley, for making this in the first place, to get the ball rolling for a work around.
  17. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

Tasker "End Call" Profile Info

The Tasker profile is nice because it always runs at startup, and I have never had Tasker force closed.

Event > Phone > Phone Idle

TASK
    Net > Airplane Mode ON
    Tasker > Wait 10 seconds
    Net > Airplane Mode OFF​

Theoretically you could toggle "Net > Mobile Data" / "Net > Mobile Data APN". However, the former only works with CDMA and the latter only works with GSM. So I used Airplane mode as it is more universal, and betolly already proved that method works. Hopefully this information will help you experiment with solutions with alternate profile managers. :)
  18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt New Member

Bingo.

Now I just need to figure out how to make Locale determine the condition of having just ended a phone call.

Anyone tested to see if this causes all sorts of stupidity if you have 2 calls going (via call waiting) and you end one call but are still on another call after the first ends?

Just curious. At first glance the phone.idle even should prevent this, but it would not surprise me if the phone.idle even was called on accident after ending one call while the other is still active - after all, I have hung up before and then my phone starts ringing and it re-connects me to the original call...
  19. BrianHanifin

BrianHanifin New Member

That is a good question which is tricky to test. I just posed this question on the Tasker forum, I will try to post the answer when I get it. But I do agree that "Phone Idle" sounds like the phone radio would have to be completely idle before this event would fire.
  20. johnlgalt

johnlgalt New Member

Good to know. Hopefully, it is as you surmise.
Search tags for this page

tasker phone idle

tasker switch to 3g