[ROM] [GB][2.11.605.3][Sense 3.0]BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.9[Version Update 10.21.11]

programdummy

Reaction score
I have upgraded to 1.0.9 and the camera on the front of my phone is inverting the picture vertical. Sounds like the same issue as before but on the front side.

Suggestions?

Sent from my BAMF Forever Thunderbolt

eklipsephil

Reaction score
I have upgraded to 1.0.9 and the camera on the front of my phone is inverting the picture vertical. Sounds like the same issue as before but on the front side.

Suggestions?

Sent from my BAMF Forever Thunderbolt
mine is doing the same thing and it also reboots when i try to take a picture.

OP
dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing and it also reboots when i try to take a picture.

Stock kernel or IMO?

In his latest one he added a camera fix.

If stock, try clearing data in Manage Applications for the camera.

D

ivanrooni

Reaction score
Camera Issues work around with 1.0.9

Stock kernel or IMO?

D

If stock... what about if 1.0.7 forever cubed? I installed 1.0.8 saw the camera problem. Patched 1.0.9 forever cubed. Still had the camera problem. It would take the picture and show it in the thumbnail gallery, but when previewing there would be nothing, but lines vertical lines of various colors. Recovered back to 1.0.7 to have camera available.

Should I clear the camera data before the install of the 1.0.8 and or 1.,0.9 or after the install? And what does this clear camera data do? Erase all my pictures on the sd card? Please advise... Thanks

eklipsephil

Reaction score
Stock kernel or IMO?

D

I switched back to Imo kernel (was on dream-sense) but still no dice. Inverted camera still. I'll try flashing back to 1.0.8.

ivanrooni

Reaction score
I did re- try the flash of 1.08 cubed & then patch of 1.09 cubed from the 1.07 cubed. I was gong to clear camera data as mentioned, but this time for some reason the camera works fine. No need to clear camera data. I do see where the front facing camera has a Mirror image problem. Took picture of myself with a wave I to the right side of my head and the preview shows my hand on the left side. I can live with that :)

Can anyone suggest a fix from here? Do appreciate the hard work developers performed making this ROM. It appears to be tweaked quite a bit from the 07 cubed version. Faster, smoother and more fluid. Thanks
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yz85608

Reaction score
Do i just run the 1.09 patch as an update/zip in bootloader. sorry for the newb question

ivanrooni

Reaction score
installing 1.0.9 forever patch

Do i just run the 1.09 patch as an update/zip in bootloader. sorry for the newb question

No problem in asking that is how I learn. I installed the 1.0.8 & then in you go into recovery to install the patch to 09.

Before you install the patch... Wipe cache and Dalvik cache DO NOT perform wipe and factory reset. I had camera problems before without performing these wipes. One I did wrote the cache and dalvik cache everything rind great.

Best of luck

npro1464

Reaction score
I LOVE the rom. 1 problem- my data keeps dropping out. Is there anything I can do? Is this the ROMs fault or Verizons?

ivanrooni

Reaction score
right radio for the build

I LOVE the rom. 1 problem- my data keeps dropping out. Is there anything I can do? Is this the ROMs fault or Verizons?

Don't know it depends. Be sure to flash the right radio for the ROM. To do that go to teambamf.net / forum/ thunderbolt ROM/ radios. There is a list of radios compatible with the GB build. Choose the radio for the 2.11.605.3 build. Download it and flash it.

Last edited:

npro1464

Reaction score
Updated the radios, hopefully it clears it up. Another question- I'm on 1.0.8, to flash the 1.0.9 "patch" do I have to wipe first?

OP
dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Updated the radios, hopefully it clears it up. Another question- I'm on 1.0.8, to flash the 1.0.9 "patch" do I have to wipe first?

No, just go in manage apps and wipe camera data.

D

ivanrooni

Reaction score
Updating Patch 1.0.9 from 1.0.8 Forever Cubed

First off the radio I hope you installed should have been this one:
MR3 GB radio from 2.11.605.3, 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2
http://www.multiupload.com/R5KGI15X5K
MD5: CB2ABFCBF83F1680AFB7178558AFB6D0

It is listed in Teambamf.net website under the Thunderbolt ROM/ Radios... near or at the bottom of the list.

What worked for me installing the patch 1.0.9 over the DB Forever Cubed 1.0.8 install was to go into recovery.
Wipe Only the Cache and the Dalvik Cache. Do not factory reset wipe.
Then install the zip file the 1.0.9 patch. reboot.

I had this happen twice where I just installed the patch...(without wiping the cache and dalvik cache) once on my phone and once on a friend's phone and the camera took pictures, they showed in the gallery, but when I went to preview the picture it was nothing but colorful vertical lines. In clearing the 08 cache and the 08 dalvik cache before the 09 patch install the camera worked fine.

Let me know how thins work out for you.