Gas Prices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewshi

Reaction score
Supply and demand.....

When one company (exxon) makes 16 billion in profit....They are gouging..plain and simple.

Supply and Demand has little to do with that.

It would help if you understood the actual definition to the word gouging.

An example of gouging would be charging 10$ for a bottle of water after hurricane katrina. Or 20$ for a bag of ice after an earthquake.

An essential item after a natural disaster.

News flash....companies can make as much money as they want based on supply and demand.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

Usually, gouging is seen as excessively pricing a good seen as necessary - like gasoline. The thing about gasoline prices is that the elasticity is incredibly low; that is, a 1% increase in price has a much less than 1% effect on consumption. I think it is usually safe to say that the gasoline market is far out of equilibrium.

really, if we are going to give billions in tax cuts to them, they need to lower prices since we are already taking on their share of taxes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
We need to refine more or get more efficient.

Last refinery was built more than 3 decades ago....Garyville, Louisiana and it started up in 76.

Gritwater

Reaction score
The only complaint I have is the fact there is no good substitute. Your only option is get a better mpg vehicle like a motorcycle or scooter....but that's not always ideal.

However....as pointed out...profit margins are what I look at. They could easily go for a 100% profit margin, then I could get on board with complaining.

Google is 'greedier' than big oil....big oil simply works in higher volumes.

Elasticity is a much better argument though, than calling it gouging when it really isn't.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

tnronin

Reaction score
We need to refine more or get more efficient.

Last refinery was built more than 3 decades ago....Garyville, Louisiana and it started up in 76.

Yep, bet the demand has outstripped the supply. *remove political comments*

I bet there is plenty of tech out there to make more and more cleanly.

As far as gas goes, I did a backward inflation check on gas. It isn't far off the norm for inflation. I figured it would be higher, I was somewhat surprised.

LaxzBro

Reaction score
They're paying over 6 dollars in europe. Count your blessings

Lax bro, closet geek

Jerome900

Reaction score
Well i got gas fri and paid 3.33 and now its 3.49. I live in northern indiana. I also live in the rv capitol of the worl. The gas prices r causeing so many people around here to lose jobs. AGAIN. The factories r slowing down since people cant afford to drive rvs or even tow them where they need to go. Remeber the devestation caused by the hurricane in louisiana, wel we produced 90% of the fema units. Well now that we r slowing down and laying off rv haulers if something bad happens how do yhey get there? I think wr need to shut up the tree hugging idiots and dtill and refine in our own country but we need a new president that will also back us up and not want to turn it into a one world govt. Hitler wanted that too by the way. It goes back to our wonderful govt. We could also even try to push ethanlo but there us so much about that that people dont undertand. Pay less fir cleaner fuel but get 2 to 3 less miles per gallon. Its not rocket science but for some it is..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

JustisLewis

Reaction score
I think wr need to shut up the tree hugging idiots and dtill and refine in our own country but we need a new president that will also back us up and not want to turn it into a one world govt. Hitler wanted that too by the way. It goes back to our wonderful govt.

When you use Hitler in your argument you automatically lose

LaxzBro

Reaction score
^+1
Also ethanol is incredibly inefficient to produce.

Lax bro, closet geek

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well i got gas fri and paid 3.33 and now its 3.49. I live in northern indiana. I also live in the rv capitol of the worl. The gas prices r causeing so many people around here to lose jobs. AGAIN. The factories r slowing down since people cant afford to drive rvs or even tow them where they need to go. Remeber the devestation caused by the hurricane in louisiana, wel we produced 90% of the fema units. Well now that we r slowing down and laying off rv haulers if something bad happens how do yhey get there? I think wr need to shut up the tree hugging idiots and dtill and refine in our own country but we need a new president that will also back us up and not want to turn it into a one world govt. Hitler wanted that too by the way. It goes back to our wonderful govt. We could also even try to push ethanlo but there us so much about that that people dont undertand. Pay less fir cleaner fuel but get 2 to 3 less miles per gallon. Its not rocket science but for some it is..

This thread is being shut down. And this post is the reason why.

You were warned not to talk about politics and you did it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.