Gangstar West Coast Hustle Released!

azazin

Reaction score
It looks like it has officially been released, I have the game but it keeps getting stuck on the end of the download any ideas?

Can't wait to play it! :D

gertman

Reaction score
I assume azazin you downloaded this from Gameloft's WAP store?

If so, I would like to say good luck to you, it took 2 months to get them to fix Asphalt 5 so it worked!!

And for anyone else thinking of trying to download this game:

Please DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY GAME FROM GAMELOFT'S site ONLY the Android Marketplace for these reasons:

1. There is NO way to get a refund, in the market place you have 24hrs
2. There is NO way to get updates; at least with out a BIG hassel of contacting Gameloft
3. Mustang GT500 AND myself had a VERY bad experience with Asphalt 5. You can read all about it if you would like at this thread: ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

OP
A

azazin

Reaction score
Hey mate,
Yes I did :( I am not actually looking for a refund I just want the game to work! :(, apparently it's a server bug so it should be fixed soon :p.

gertman

Reaction score
Azazin,

I really feel for you man. I was right there with Asphalt 5, it would download but not install......saying my Droid was out of memory.

I called up there tech support, at least that it what they call it... All they can do is try and re-send you the game, no real support. If that does not work they will offer you a different game of your choice.

I started posting on their help forum, and I think it took me over 1 month to actually convince them there was a real problem with the game. So I think that I had the inside track or something PM-ing with the lady on the tech support forum. So there I was waiting for her to tell me it was fixed, asking her every week if there was any update. In the end, I told her that it was fixed aka the programmers had put a working copy on the android market.

Now the funny part.... funny/ sad user Mustang GT500 called up tech support instead of repaying for it in the market (he had already bought the non-working version from the WAP store) and tech support just resent him the non-working version from the WAP store. This was the only version they had to give out!!!! What absolutely KILLS me is that all the time I was fighting with them to fix the game they were STILL SELLING IT!!!! And when I first bought it back in February it was I think only $2.99. By the time you could download a working copy (I think end of March or early April) the price had magically risen to $6.99. i guess they want more money if you actually want a WORKING copy of the game LOL!

The moral of this story is that Gameloft's tech support is probably in India with the programmers in France so unfortunately the is little to NO communication and it ends up being a real joke!! Bottom line is if the programmers want to fix it they might get around to it in a month or so.

Hopefully they have changed their was and you'll get a working copy on Monday. I do wish you the best as I would like Ganstar as well.

Let us know how it goes. And my advice to you is besides calling up, post on that Tech Support forum of theirs!!

Last edited:

gertman

Reaction score
Azazin,

Please update us, did you ever get Gangstar working?

OP
A

azazin

Reaction score
Hi mate,

Yes I did, gameloft released a new updated version (which I had to request from them) now the game fully works.

:)

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have sandstorm, nova, hawx, real football and gangstars working since a few days. greets.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
10 MB stored in the internal phone memory and the other data (depends on the game 60 - 130 megs) will be downloaded to the sdcard.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Could some kind soul post the data file for the game to run plz i cant get my wifi to work on my phone D:

chops

Reaction score
downloaded sandstorm and it is really good nice graphics and gameplay is pretty good for a phone

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is te gangstars not a sandstorm thread :D. on gangstars running on droid and milestone a oc to 800 mhz is recommend.