Gaming Data Usage

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The idea of stealing doesn't sit well with you, yet you admit to doing so. Now that sir is flawed.

sent from my GB DX

I thought I made it clear by now when I said "I don't consider it stealing" and that I rationalized it because of the fact that it causes zero harm to verizon.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

While tethering 2 gigs of data is the same as using 2 gigs of data in the end result, that being 2 gigs was used, your mobile devise pulls smaller packets of data than your laptop. Tethering has the potential to cost vzw more because their network is not designed for the large load put on it by tethering, and if alot of users in a specific area are tethering it has the potential of slowing down the network for non-tethered users. Regardless of your logic tethering = stealing a paid service.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

agreed. the fact that you have to rationalize to yourself that its not stealing pretty much confirms that it is, doesn't it? haha

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Just call it a day say we are even with Verizon. They are basically stealing from us too anyway.

Zog

Reaction score
Extortion is better put. Stealing feels too soft when it comes to verizon. When my env touch got stolen, I went to replace it and get a new contract. They now wanted $15 extra a month because my phone had a browser on it, which I never used once previous. They have terrible selection of basic phones, and force you into a smart phone package by charging a half data fee for medium quality phones.. which no one browses on.

Edit:
long story short, ill tether all I want

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol you guys act as if verizon is holding a gun to your head to use their service. they're not extorting you, but you are stealing from them.

you can't buy something and then whine about the price after the fact...correction, i guess you can since that's what you guys are doing lol...its always funny to see the people try to justify tethering. some of the rationalizations are epic.

Zog

Reaction score
I tried to leave, my family still has contracts and I like paying for just my line :)

Don't worry, I'll be the one pointing the gun after dealing with this company long enough.

dmilota

Reaction score
For the past week I've used my Xbox on live from tethering cuz my house modem is broken and were waiting on a replacement. I don't stay on long usually, maybe a total of 6 hours in the week. But it ran just fine, except sending a text will kick me out of party chat and lose connection to host. But overall not as bad as I imagined.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Well, for the stop sign yes but that was a long time ago. We're way off topic.

Ill just leave it as this : I tether, but I don't consider it stealing, regardless of terms and conditions etc.

Does anyone know how to broadcast in infrastructure mode instead of ad hoc, so that way my ps3 can recognize my phone?

Again let's say you are stealing regardless of what you consider, etc.

sent from my GB DX

Drop it and get on topic. Or post elsewhere.

And I was pretty sure it broadcasts in ad hoc, not infrastructure.

I think Snow02 means the app Wireless Tether. That app does infrastructure mode by default. Make sure you setup security once you are in infrastructure mode. You wouldn't want anybody stealing free wireless tether.

spider210

Reaction score
For the past week I've used my Xbox on live from tethering cuz my house modem is broken and were waiting on a replacement. I don't stay on long usually, maybe a total of 6 hours in the week. But it ran just fine, except sending a text will kick me out of party chat and lose connection to host. But overall not as bad as I imagined.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Not sure if this has been addressed but correct me if I am wrong there was a way to disable incoming calls and txt to keep your data connection active which would not kick you offline.

Could someone refresh me on how we did this.

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I just want to throw this in that no matter what way you put it you are breaking verizons eula. And at any time you are subject to have your account closed.