Gameshark/Codebreaker Codes on Gameboid

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
Any idea how to get saves from for example gamefaqs for Pokemon Emerald (the file is a sps) and get it to work on gameboid? I tried just changing the name to what my game put my original file named: 'Pokemon Emerald # GBA.sav' and it wouldn't load. Any ideas?

Well... I would think that you would have to use VBA in order to do this. You can probably get the save to load up in VBA then save it again as a .sav, but I'm not exactly sure.

So what understand is you can't use a gameshark/action replay emulator with your gameboid games w/o using a pc? I can't even find a button to activate the gameshark/andor action replay.

Try reading the first post :mad: Think about it, why would we be going through all this if you could do it on the droid.

CharlieDog

Reaction score
This is what I did, for any that are interested, and it works AWESOME.

I downloaded a GBA rom for my computer. I extracted it, ect. I put a NEW folder in the same folder that the GBA rom is in. I mounted my droid to the computer. I copied my pokemon game rom AND my .sav file. to the new sub folder in with the GBA emulator.

I did all the gameshark stuff I wanted to on the computer. (Finding codes that would work was STUPID hard.) After all that, I simply made a back up copy of my ORIGINAL SAVE ON THE DROID. I NEVER MODIFIED THAT. Let me just put that in caps, because if you modify the original and SCREW it up, then, well, that sucks for you.

Anyway, I copied and replaced the original on the Droid AFTER I'd backed up the original in a separate place on my computer, where I could retrieve it and start over if necessary.

sparechange_02

Reaction score
Could I get one one of you guy to do this for me as well. Pokemon sapphire with Tim and angel. At the beginning with a controllable mew and 99 masterballs. Thanks a lot in advance. Away from home for a while and bored.

xblshadowgearshot

Reaction score
dancedroid OK SO NOW THEY HAVE UPDATED IT AND YOU HAVE GAMESHARK
so for my ive only found 2 codes that work but i wanna know if theirs a propper waay to enter the codes into the gameshark on the droid..

sanativus

Reaction score
I've read through all the posts and tried several GBA emulators, but nothing works. I think the problem is the file extension that Gameboid is saving games in. When I transfer the save file onto my PC, the save file looks like "Pokemon Emerald.ss1". That save extension does not work in VBA, so I'm stuck.
Please help!

amatuer

Reaction score
Setting up...
--Make sure the rom is in a zip file, not just out there.
--Keep the .sav as a .sav, don't convert anything
-Creat a folder named Leaf Green somewhere on your pc.
-Put your zip containing the rom in that folder.
-Take the .sav from your phone and put it in the folder as well *Not in the zip file, just in the folder*

Running it....
--Start up VBA
--Double click on the zip containing the rom. It should start up the game.
--Just let it run, don't import anything
--The game should go to the the start screen, where you should be allowed to pick your save file and play.
--When you are done, just save in game again.
Edit: Actually you might have to import the .sav ...

Finishing
--Put the .sav back onto the phone

There ya go. This should work. However pokemon games are weird I feel like. Half the time it says the save has been corrupted... I normally just delete the .sav completely off my computer when that happens. On my phone, I'll play for like 10 seconds, and save it again. Then bring that .sav onto my computer.

Im playing pokemon crystal on my droid 3. i transferred the file over to VBA on my laptop so i could use the cheats and get what i needed done. now iv hit a wall, because i try to just put the .sav file back onto my phone but it wont recognize it, its there in "files" but i cant get my GBC AD APP to load it. any ideas?!?!

Last edited:

BangTaka

Reaction score
Hello !
First, I have to tell I'm not an english speaker (not perfectly yet, cause I'm Belgian and I'm learning :X)
Now it is done, I juste want to congratulate you ! I understood all the steps, and (however with a difficult begin) it worked out very well !
You've just to open your save (.sav) if it doesn't work with .sa1, tu save it in game and in the emulator and to put the save to your SD save (it will ... replace ? ... the SD save by VBA save and you could play without problems xD).
So, thank you very much !