Gameshark/Codebreaker Codes on Gameboid

alienware777

Reaction score
Okay. So I was given this link by a very helpful person on this forum: NVash. You are supposed to be able to use it to use gameshark codes.

" Now, there obviously is no dedicated way to actually insert codes into your game (at least nothing has been implemented yet)
However, there is a work-around for this. download VisualBoyAdvance for your PC. Grab your save from your sd card ("gametitle".sav), put it in the same directory as the game on your PC, and change the extension from ".sav" to ".sa1" (obviously without the quotes.)
Next step is to start the emulator on your PC, load up the game you want to insert code into, then hit file > Import > Battery File...
Select your .sa1 file, now you are playing the same game you are on your phone. VisualBoyAdvance has the ability to do Gameshark codes and Codebreaker codes. So insert whatever codes you like, save your game, rename the savefile back to having an extension with a .sav ending, and put the file back in the same directory as the game (on your phone).

Tada!

Keep in mind that this is just for permanent modifier codes, so it only affects things like item quantity, key items, pokemon, etc., and after you save your game and transfer the save back to your phone, the codes will no longer be in effect, just what you changed when the codes were on.

(Also, excuse the poor English structure, I have a lot of percosets in my system right now and I'm not all really here.
smile.gif
) "

(How to use Gameshark/Codebreaker codes with Gameboid - Android Forums)

However, I cannot get it to work. I've tried asking, but the people there are not very nice:mad:. I now bring this information to all of you, in hopes that we can figure it out, and get it to work.

Almost forgot, the only thing I got out of him was that .sa1 files are the same as .sav files.... but whether that means we don't need to change it, I don't know. .sa1 files don't come up under import, so I'm not sure.

Lets figure this out together guys! Just think, Gameshark for the Droid!:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Okay. So I was given this link by a very helpful person on this forum: NVash. You are supposed to be able to use it to use gameshark codes.

" Now, there obviously is no dedicated way to actually insert codes into your game (at least nothing has been implemented yet)
However, there is a work-around for this. download VisualBoyAdvance for your PC. Grab your save from your sd card ("gametitle".sav), put it in the same directory as the game on your PC, and change the extension from ".sav" to ".sa1" (obviously without the quotes.)
Next step is to start the emulator on your PC, load up the game you want to insert code into, then hit file > Import > Battery File...
Select your .sa1 file, now you are playing the same game you are on your phone. VisualBoyAdvance has the ability to do Gameshark codes and Codebreaker codes. So insert whatever codes you like, save your game, rename the savefile back to having an extension with a .sav ending, and put the file back in the same directory as the game (on your phone).

Tada!

Keep in mind that this is just for permanent modifier codes, so it only affects things like item quantity, key items, pokemon, etc., and after you save your game and transfer the save back to your phone, the codes will no longer be in effect, just what you changed when the codes were on.

(Also, excuse the poor English structure, I have a lot of percosets in my system right now and I'm not all really here.
smile.gif
) "

(How to use Gameshark/Codebreaker codes with Gameboid - Android Forums)

However, I cannot get it to work. I've tried asking, but the people there are not very nice:mad:. I now bring this information to all of you, in hopes that we can figure it out, and get it to work.

Almost forgot, the only thing I got out of him was that .sa1 files are the same as .sav files.... but whether that means we don't need to change it, I don't know. .sa1 files don't come up under import, so I'm not sure.

Lets figure this out together guys! Just think, Gameshark for the Droid!:icon_ banana:
What it means is...say in Pokemon Red, you're playing it and you want the unlimited Master Ball cheat. You load the rom on the computer, open your save, and do the cheat so you have unlimited Master Balls. Save it, move the save file back to your SD card, then open the game on your Droid. You will now have infinite Master Balls!

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
1. Yes, I understand that. This is what I've been doing. I take my game save from my SD. I put in a folder also containing the rom on my computer. When I try to load it up, it says it has been corrupted and it is reverting back to before. However, one time it worked, so before is I want it to be. I play the game, and it all works fine. I get the cheats working, so I have like 20 master balls. Now I go to save. I am saving in game, not the vba's save feature. I am done playing now, so I exit the game. However, if I go to load up the rom again on my computer it says the save file has been corrupted, and again reverts back to my former one. Is there something that I did wrong there?

2. And also, should I just leave the file as *.sav and not change it to *.sa1? Because *.sa1 files aren't showing up when I press import, but *.sav ones are.

Edit: I got it to work. I had to keep the rom in a zip, and the *.sav as a *.sav. Thanks!

Last edited:

itsrob

Reaction score
Yeah. I followed the steps and it still doesn't work. Yes, I have the most up to date VBA and no my game isn't a hacked version. I'm trying to play Pokemon: Leaf Green.

I couldn't get the game I started on Gameboid(from my phone) to work on VBA so I started a new game on VBA, put the codes/cheats in(which worked) and I THINK I got it converted to a .sav file-- I put that file on my phone and it just tries to start a new game...

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
Yeah. I followed the steps and it still doesn't work. Yes, I have the most up to date VBA and no my game isn't a hacked version. I'm trying to play Pokemon: Leaf Green.

I couldn't get the game I started on Gameboid(from my phone) to work on VBA so I started a new game on VBA, put the codes/cheats in(which worked) and I THINK I got it converted to a .sav file-- I put that file on my phone and it just tries to start a new game...

Setting up...
--Make sure the rom is in a zip file, not just out there.
--Keep the .sav as a .sav, don't convert anything
-Creat a folder named Leaf Green somewhere on your pc.
-Put your zip containing the rom in that folder.
-Take the .sav from your phone and put it in the folder as well *Not in the zip file, just in the folder*

Running it....
--Start up VBA
--Double click on the zip containing the rom. It should start up the game.
--Just let it run, don't import anything
--The game should go to the the start screen, where you should be allowed to pick your save file and play.
--When you are done, just save in game again.
Edit: Actually you might have to import the .sav ...

Finishing
--Put the .sav back onto the phone

There ya go. This should work. However pokemon games are weird I feel like. Half the time it says the save has been corrupted... I normally just delete the .sav completely off my computer when that happens. On my phone, I'll play for like 10 seconds, and save it again. Then bring that .sav onto my computer.

Last edited:

Varking

Reaction score
If anybody can get this to work, would it be possible to send me a Pokemon Fire Red save state that just started, has a character named Will with a rival named Bradley, and a Mew in the computer waiting for me when I reach the second town?

For the life of me I can not get this to work. I have the latest version of the emulator on the PC yet I can not save files in game at all.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
I can do this. PM me? I'll do it for free :)

Edit: Holy crap this game's just like Pokemon Red! I've almost got it done, I just need to find a cheat for Mew.

Last edited:

Varking

Reaction score
OK. but you have to help me! I actullay had the code. BUT! my friend earesed it from his AR (action replay). I don't know why he did that but whatever. I only have the code for the "bad" mew and doesn't obey. I also have a code to get mews from your PC but if your like me you want to catch it in the wild. ok so this is the code for multiple mews in PC.

Mew

92260D64 28E61FC9
71D615F6 B41C381B
0D280703 38963967
A4144E58 825677D8
F161D5A4 48F9A2DB
33484F68 A56E77E0
D9942118 228420E7
BBB261C7 60CA157C
D9934C25 DC0AAFCF
3E888B0F ECF35A34
13F1DDB5 F92F747C
5DF00218 A3A1FA5E
E07CF65A 99C82988
8B359280 96B97011
F3C920F0 939FB45E
4681C2C8 CAAFD263
B74BFA2D 24733F53
3354F609 3CB6AF8A
1354C1C3 D10F24B0
D93F2C31 16F87180

You also need this one to make it work:

8D671FD9 6F6BEFF2
78DA95DF 44018CB4

I got the code from a youtuber

Be carefull when you put it in it's easy to make mistakes and IF YOU HAVE A POKEMON IN SLOT 1 MOVE IT BEFORE YOU USE THIS CODE OR ELSE IT WILL BE DELETED. ALSO DON'T PICK UP A POKEMON AND PUT IT IN BOX 1 SLOT ONE OR IT WILL BE DELETED AND TURNED IN TO A MEW.

OK. This is where you guys need to help me

To get mew in the wild you need this code

1. 594F7021
2. 3B4E81A7
3. B751BDF4
4. 95CEF4CC

Line 1 and 2 are the codes for leafgreen and 3 and 4 are mew itself (but it doesnt obey) and you have firered so here is the code for fire red

1. 17543C48
2. E65E0B97
3. B751BDF4
4. 95CEF4CC

notice that the mew code (lines 3 and 4) is the same

The only thing that changes is the code for either red or leaf code. (lines 1 and 2)

If you could help me out looking for other mew codes I would apreciate it.

all we need is to find the code for lines 3 and 4 (mew) I found it once and I have mews that obey but I need the code again and I didn't save it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had it on a sheet of paper and it probably got discarded by my mom.......bummer. so thats the code plaese help me out.

one more thing if you catch the obeying mew and level it up to level 30 you can migrate it to Pearl and diamond and it works fine for the GTS!!! so you can offer it for trade

the first code {I posted} works the same way. Now you can trade for anything you need. I traded mew for shiny Giratina! lol lucky me!!

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
The reason that the mews do not obey, is because there is a kind of protection over mew. In order for him to obey you, you must go to where he is found. For instance, in Emerald, you have to go to Faraway Island. You can use the AR to teleport there, however, you can not use AR to catch him. I hope that made sense....

triddle

Reaction score
someone???

I was wondering if anyone could do this for me because i my emulator is struggling right now...
same thing you did for other guy..

If anybody can get this to work, would it be possible to send me a Pokemon Fire Red save state that just started, has a character named Adam with a rival named Keith, and all 3 starter pokemon only and with unlimited masterballs?

thanks, its really appreciated

NVash

Reaction score
Hey, cool, you guys got it to work? Im going to have to try it myself, see if I can get my old posse from Pokemon Pearl on my cell.

There is a code for a Mew that obeys, I just cant recall it. I used it for mine on my other game.

dantrona

Reaction score
Any idea how to get saves from for example gamefaqs for Pokemon Emerald (the file is a sps) and get it to work on gameboid? I tried just changing the name to what my game put my original file named: 'Pokemon Emerald # GBA.sav' and it wouldn't load. Any ideas?

wavesinger23

Reaction score
So what understand is you can't use a gameshark/action replay emulator with your gameboid games w/o using a pc? I can't even find a button to activate the gameshark/andor action replay.