games???

dliontis28

Reaction score
Why don't we have the games that palm or iPhone has. The graphics and all, where the hell are they. The Droid is one of if not the best phone out there so where the hell our are bad azz games??????

jim2point0

Reaction score
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz....

Seen it. A lot of those games are bad and way overpriced. Angry birds, one of the best mobile games, is $0.99 on the app store. A lot of the crap games you just pointed out are $3 - $4, and most of the "good ones" are already on the iPhone app store (and cheaper). I think the OP is just new to android and is surprised to see the lack of good games on the platform.

The problem is with developers. They would rather make games for the iPhone platform because more people use iPhones, therefore they can make more money. Also, it's much easier to develop games for the iPhone because there is only 1 phone to test for. With android, you have a myriad of phones with different hardware which may or may not be able to run your game.

It will be a long time before Google's market is anywhere close to the app store.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
While they are $4.99 each and not available in the marketplace, Gameloft's HD games for Android smartphones are AWESOME. Their DRM sucks though, although they are supposed to fix that. EA mobile has released FIFA '10, which is another really nice game. And, although it's not "officially" available, NFS Shift is a great example of what the DROID can do. It's been leaked on this forum, and the in-game link to buy the full version is functional. A bit pricey at $9.99; but worth it, IMHO (remember, the PSP version of Shift is around $40) - however, the APK is HUGE (~100MB) so I wouldn't even think of installing this one without installing to the sdcard.

dontcare

Reaction score
I downloaded Modern Combat: Sandstorm and Dungeon Hunters last night...first was 89MB I think and the dungeon one was 130MB...took like 5 minutes for both over wifi and I will say...they are the most amazing games I have ever witnessed on a mobile phone...**** that...on a handheld device. The control you have in a FPS for a phone is amazing...JUST like a console. Graphics are AMAZING.

Dungeon hunters reminds me a lot like Diablo which I loved when I was younger...Amazing graphics, tap and kill real time 3D RPG....

Never been more impressed with a phone til last night...

bryant_16

Reaction score
I agree with that lots of developers are developing games for iPhone due to the fact that the people out there are generally using iPhone. It will take sometime to make that shift over to Android.

dontcare

Reaction score
Not much time...Droid sales are increasing at an amazing rate while iPhone sales have gone down like 21%, even with this new iPhone 4 I dont think it's going to help...nothing special about it other than a camera on the front..

Def blew my friends iPhone 4 out the water when I compared it to my droid lol, anything he did I did 4x better and faster. GOTTA LOVE IT.