Gamer Gripper for Droid 2 out now

solar

Reaction score
Just in case it wasn't posted anywhere, (I looked and didn't see one) The Game Gripper for the droid 2 is out now!:icon_ banana: I had one for my D1 and was waiting for one that workd with my new D2.

In case you are one of the people who don't know what this is, its a rubber piece with buttons that are setup in the layout of a standard video game pad, that "clip" on the keyboard of your D2 (and other phones) so that you can play emulators or other games that allow you to manually map the buttons with much greater precision and comfort. It kicks @$$!

thetexan525

Reaction score
Sweet, ordered one! Didn't even know it existed, looks pretty useful :icon_ banana:

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Yeah, these thing are the best for emulator gaming. Or any game that lets you change the buttons I guess. they're awesome!

thetexan525

Reaction score
Just got it in the mail, best accessory I've bought for my phone hands down :) so much easier to play emulators now!

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I jst got mine in the mail, this rocks! Pokemon on my droid its just like playing on the advance.

Inverse

Reaction score
The game gripper was awesome for the droid 1, but the one for the d2 looks odd. The buttons are staggered, and though I haven't used it yet, I can't see how. I would be able to hold down b and shift thumb to the side to hit A.

If not for the stagger I would buy it in a heartbeat. I know its because of the new d2 keyboard... but it's so unfortunate. Is it still pretty comfortable?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

karnovaran

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. It's good, but isn't perfect. The down button isn't lined up perfectly with the X on the D2 keyboard, so it doesn't always press properly. I'm sure this is due to the D2 having staggered keys, but they could have been inventive and made the d-pad work considering it's the most important piece.

The gripper also has a tendency to slide down from its original position, which then causes the down button to hit the search key instead. All of the other buttons are fine, it's just the down button that causes me issues.

Honestly, I think a bare D2 keyboard may work better overall than the gripper thanks to the staggered keys that allow for a WSZA d-pad.

Last edited:

thetexan525

Reaction score
The game gripper was awesome for the droid 1, but the one for the d2 looks odd. The buttons are staggered, and though I haven't used it yet, I can't see how. I would be able to hold down b and shift thumb to the side to hit A.

If not for the stagger I would buy it in a heartbeat. I know its because of the new d2 keyboard... but it's so unfortunate. Is it still pretty comfortable?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I find it incredibly comfortable, even though it looks odd at first. I work a security job right now so get lots of time to play with it, and have not run into any issues at all. Also have not had an issue with dpad down or the gripper sliding out of place. Using it is far better than using the keyboard alone!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
It does look and feel a bit odd on the D2 because of the KB layout. It still work well though. It slips a bit during play, but so did my first one. Worth it!

Inverse

Reaction score
Okay, now I haven't purchased the GG yet for one reason so far~ and I just really noticed it and it's ticking me off... but can you push more than two keys at once one the Droid keyboard and have it register?

Currently in Mario, I can't HOLD Run, forward AND Jump.

I can only do two of those at once. If I'm moving forward and running, I can't jump until I either let go of Y or Forward.

Is this a software issue on the emulator, or a Droid issue? If this is the case, the Game Gripper will be useless to me. Is there a setting?

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Okay, now I haven't purchased the GG yet for one reason so far~ and I just really noticed it and it's ticking me off... but can you push more than two keys at once one the Droid keyboard and have it register?

Currently in Mario, I can't HOLD Run, forward AND Jump.

I can only do two of those at once. If I'm moving forward and running, I can't jump until I either let go of Y or Forward.

Is this a software issue on the emulator, or a Droid issue? If this is the case, the Game Gripper will be useless to me. Is there a setting?

You can absolutly press more then a couple buttons at a time, even without the GG. What emulator are you using?

Inverse

Reaction score
Using any of the "oid" emulators. Snesoid, Nesoid... can't do more than two buttons at a time. Can't run and jump, can't turn in Fzero while holding the brake. Can it be a fault with my Droid 2?

Edit: Yeah, tried it out all my emulators to establish this. Only two keys at a time. Ill try multiple keybindings. What is the game grippers recommended configuration?

Last edited:
OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
thats really odd. I use all the ame emultors and dont have that issue. I'm not sure what kind of issue with the droid2 would cause that either though... can you restart your phone pressing SHIFT ALT DEL keys at the same time?

karnovaran

Reaction score
I just tested forward-run-jump on Super Mario World on Snesoid and it worked fine. I do recall more than two buttons being problem with touchscreen controls on the Nexus One, but it works fine on the D2 physical keyboard.