Gameloft install policy

trothmaster

Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone considering purchasing from gameloft.com
If you have to wipe your phone or get a new phone you cannot re-download your gameloft games.
I recently got a new phone and when I emailed them, they told me to re-purchase the games.

If its within 90 days or something they claim you can download it to the same phone and same phone number but if its a different phone or more than 90 days your out of $6 bucks.

moot

Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone considering purchasing from gameloft.com
If you have to wipe your phone or get a new phone you cannot re-download your gameloft games.
I recently got a new phone and when I emailed them, they told me to re-purchase the games.

If its within 90 days or something they claim you can download it to the same phone and same phone number but if its a different phone or more than 90 days your out of $6 bucks.

Good to know. If it's not in the market, I usually won't bother purchasing.

solar

Reaction score
thats odd. i've had to re-download it twice. Once beause I had to wipe my phone beacuse of issues, and the second time because I went from a droid1 to a droid2. Both times I emailed them and provided them with my info (Phone #, carrier etc) and they sent me a link to get it again. I bought it back in June I think. They've been very responsive in my experiance so far.....

Tominator

Reaction score
i went through 4 samsung fascinates and was able to redownload them fine each time.

moot

Reaction score
How are updates handled if apps are purchased from non-market?

solar

Reaction score
I don't think that they've updated them for android. But I imagine it would require a new link from gameloft to install. I don't think that they are really paying too much attention to android right now.

moot

Reaction score
I don't think that they've updated them for android. But I imagine it would require a new link from gameloft to install. I don't think that they are really paying too much attention to android right now.

Sad, they have some good games too. :(

I know it is blasphemy to say this on these forums, but I'm considering an Ipad or a new ipod touch as my entertainment device (videos, games, reading, etc).

Thanks for your response solar.