Gameboid lite

hidenman

Reaction score
Hey downloaded gameboid lite, got gba bios in and running but can get any games to run on it. I tried about 10 games and they tell me, Load ROM fail, try another file....I have a droid2 if that matters.

Druuseph

Reaction score
Welcome to Android but I am afraid you are confusing what this forum is for. While it is true that emulated console games are also called ROMs, ROMs as it pertains to Android are modified Android installs. This forum is for that, not video game ROMs.

GT944

Reaction score
Good job, you've come off as a jerk and its apparent that you are the one who doesn't understand what this forum is for - everything Droid. Not everyone roots their phones, and if you were to run a search you would see that many users actually use Gameboid and other emulators...

To answer your question, we need more info: which rom's have you tried? Exact file names would be helpful.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think what he was trying to say is that this particular section, titled droid 2 roms is for the d2's read only memory not video game roms. Plus this thread is over a month old.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's what I got out of it too!

I think what he was trying to say is that this particular section, titled droid 2 roms is for the d2's read only memory not video game roms. Plus this thread is over a month old.

DroidForums junkie!

GT944

Reaction score
True and true. I was just bugged by dru's rude tone - not exactly helpful, not to mention giving a newer member a rude welcome. I threw in the follow up questions on the off chance the guy with the question gets an email for a reply..

Sent from my ADR6300

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I applaud your desire to help and I understand where you're coming from. But I think it's entirely possible that dru was just trying to pass on some insight.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tones are difficult to pickup on from reading...especially when people don't really use punctuation correctly anymore. Ever read a text the wrong way? Happens to me ALL the time! Haha!

True and true. I was just bugged by dru's rude tone - not exactly helpful, not to mention giving a newer member a rude welcome. I threw in the follow up questions on the off chance the guy with the question gets an email for a reply..

Sent from my ADR6300

DroidForums junkie!

GT944

Reaction score
I guess I read into that first reply something that wasn't there *blush* Haha I take it back, think I was having a frequently experienced moment of insanity..

Sent from my ADR6300

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries I know how it is. There are some people who post on these forums who make me want to rip hair out of my scalp and mail it to them with an angry letter. I just don't think this was one of those situations. But again I commend you for trying to do the right thing.

crome1115

Reaction score
sooooo.. Hidenman..lol.. to answer your question that has yet to be answered.. more information would in fact be helpful..you may also want to try a place like android central which is a better site for more overall droid questions as they pertain to apps and functions.. as was stated earlier.. this site and particularly this thread do cater more to the roms as they pertain to devices that have been rooted and wiped clean of all bloatware and moto blur...=) .. (smiley face inserted as not to give off the wrong tone..lol..)

crome1115

Reaction score
doh.. need to correctly myself.. i stated this forum and this particular thread.. scratch that.. you started this thread Hiden..lol..so just this forum caters more towards people who root their devices..sorry...=)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well now were just going in circles. Nobody needs to go to another forum to get answers, we handle video game roms here as well. The real issue at hand is this question would have been better posted in the droid games section. Usually a mod would have moved it but this one fell through the cracks. It happens. I'm willing to bet this guy already found his answer somewhere else because I doubt he would wait over a month for an answer. I think we can let this one go.

crome1115

Reaction score
lol has it been over a month? man, i really need to look at the dates on these posts...lol..thanks..