gameboid controls on droid

moot

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying gameboid, but I'm rather concered about the controls and QWERTY. I can only imagine the WASD and keys for "A" and "B" are rather difficult to use for prolonged gaming sessions.

Can anyone comment on controls for gameboid on droid, and if it interferes with their enjoyment of the game?

Thanks

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that emulator has customizable controls, like you can assign the A and B buttons to "K" and "L" if you want.. can anyone confirm?

brbruce0

Reaction score
They do, I have my controls a little reversed, I use the D-pad for the directions, and q & w for my A & B buttons, and X & C for start and select. You can change any button to be any key on your keyboard

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that emulator has customizable controls, like you can assign the A and B buttons to "K" and "L" if you want.. can anyone confirm?

Thank you for your reply. I should have been more clear. I feel that the QWERTY keyboard on the droid is pretty poor, and I would like to know people's experiences with using a less than ideal keyboard to play games for a prolonged period of time.

The keys are so small and flat, I just can't imagine the experience to be enjoyable at all.

IIIunityIII

Reaction score
Its definitely not ideal for gaming, but I've gotten used to it playing nesoid. I would recommend downloading a free or "lite" version to try before buying.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Its definitely not ideal for gaming, but I've gotten used to it playing nesoid. I would recommend downloading a free or "lite" version to try before buying.

Ah, I see. I typed in "gameboid free" earlier and nothing came up, so I assumed there was no demo. Didn't realize it was called lite.

Edit

I gave the demo a try, with multiple key configurations, including virtual keyboard and using the d-pad. Sadly, playing longer than 5-10 minutes causes my hands to cramp. So yeah, less than ideal.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone.

Last edited: