Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
not sure, I backed up, wiped, installed,
then did an advanced restore data only
worked fine

wildbill86

Reaction score
Oh, automatic brightness must be on to find this menu. I never have liked auto brightness, drains battery faster, and is never right.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Oh, automatic brightness must be on to find this menu. I never have liked auto brightness, drains battery faster, and is never right.

Sorry yes it is been working for me

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Try turning auto on set keyboard lights then turn off auto

wildbill86

Reaction score
Got the keyboard lights going, liking the battery life, but not liking that I have several apps missing from market, and apps that won't work. Still a Lil buggy, but hopeful that everything gets fixed. I think this ROM has a lot of potential.

jlhaehl

Reaction score
seems pretty good so far. the only thing I'm confused with is the fixing of the keyboard light problem. can somebody give me more specific directions of what exactly to set to 255 because there are different levels.

hey i had confusion with this as well, when you are in the edit custom levels window look at the far right column labeled keyboard, i edited all those values to two fifty five and saved and its been flawless since, cant wait for a stable cmseve, hope this helps you out

jlhaehl

Reaction score
Got the keyboard lights going, liking the battery life, but not liking that I have several apps missing from market, and apps that won't work. Still a Lil buggy, but hopeful that everything gets fixed. I think this ROM has a lot of potential.

can you tell us what apps were missing and which ones no longer work,

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

I have not noticed apps missing, but i use titanium to restore apps, and market to update and find new ones
let me know which ones, see if they show up for me

wildbill86

Reaction score
I can't use handcent messaging app. It force closes everytime I open it, and the license key for photo safe doesn't show up in market. I have all my apps backed up through rom toolbox, just haven't tried to reinstall anything yet. I really miss handcent, I also can't set ringtones no matter what I set it as it rings a normal ringtone, however I think notification, and alarm tones work just fine.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
did you try fix permissions
edit: handcent not working for me either

wildbill86

Reaction score
How about your ringtones, can you set mp3's?

Fallingwater

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded and installed this ROM, but I'm experiencing a fairly important bug: if I connect the USB cable to the computer everything works, but if I connect it to a generic 5V USB power supply the interface slows down to a crawl. Seconds and seconds pass between touchscreen input and the phone registering it, and sometimes it doesn't register it at all. Unplug, and suddenly everything goes back to normal again.

Can I fix this? I intend to charge the phone from a generic charger often, and this is a serious problem.

Edit: also I'm trying to download version 2.2.1 from here, but the dropbox link provided is constantly down. Is an alternate link available anywhere?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Hi, I downloaded and installed this ROM, but I'm experiencing a fairly important bug: if I connect the USB cable to the computer everything works, but if I connect it to a generic 5V USB power supply the interface slows down to a crawl. Seconds and seconds pass between touchscreen input and the phone registering it, and sometimes it doesn't register it at all. Unplug, and suddenly everything goes back to normal again.

Can I fix this? I intend to charge the phone from a generic charger often, and this is a serious problem.

Edit: also I'm trying to download version 2.2.1 from here, but the dropbox link provided is constantly down. Is an alternate link available anywhere?
No fix that I know of, haven't seen anyone else with that problem http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/QDPHSMOI/

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
How about your ringtones, can you set mp3's?

Only with an ringtone app like ringtone shuffler

edit: I'm using ringtone rotator