Galnet MIUI ICS (2.1.6, Stable)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I am thinking about giving this a go. Ill ask the stupid questions now before I'm back with more complicated in depth ones ;) anyways... do I need to sbf back to any stock build before install, 2.4.330 or maybe something else? Currently I'm on stock rooted .608. Also what themes or options for theming does this rom support? Last one, is this the offical thread for the rom, if not who is the developer so I can find the thread. Thank you in advance for the help!
608 is what you need

thread on rootzwiki is Galnet MIUI ICS

alixjg

Reaction score
Soo... I don't get it. Why is this being labeled as ICS when the Android Version in the "About Phone" section shows that it's GB (2.3.7)?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Soo... I don't get it. Why is this being labeled as ICS when the Android Version in the "About Phone" section;) shows that it's GB (2.3.7)?
this rom has parts from 4.0.3 and 2.3.7, earlier versions had 4.0.3 listed not sure why it says 2.3.7 now, he can put what every he wants there
In the rootzwiki thread I think it says two thirds 4.0.3

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Love this rom! How does it compare to others, mainly liberty, as far as battery life and system resources demanded?

edit***

I found one little thing that is driving me crazy tho... the alt lock button on the keyboard has no effect on the keys. i have to press the bottom alt button over and over. Anyone know anything about why the alt lock dosent work?

edit 2***

I used rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery, using the fourway reboot menu to attempt to boot into recovery and make a backup. this however takes me to the android recovery menu not clockworkmod recovery. what am i doing wrong? (i do not have the d2 bootstraper installed)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
alt lock doesn't work on most custom roms, because they can't figure out how motorola made it work
best battery life i've had

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
alt lock doesn't work on most custom roms, because they can't figure out how motorola made it work
best battery life i've had

thank you for the speedy reply. Can you please read my second edit above and share any insight you have? Im sure your recovery works, what did i do different than you. After install of the rom, i updated rom manager, then flashed clockworkmod recovery using rom manager, then used the 4way to boot to recovery. I keep getting android recovery....why? Also since im asking about recovery things, once i get clockwork recovery to install and work properly, if i have a issue, how do i boot to recovery manually from my phone being off, will it be hold power and X?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I used rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery, using the fourway reboot menu to attempt to boot into recovery and make a backup. this however takes me to the android recovery menu not clockworkmod recovery. what am i doing wrong? (i do not have the d2 bootstraper installed)
you didn't need to install CWR it is preinstalled and rom manager is interfering with miui reboot
you can try to uninstall rom manager but that may not fix it

when phone is rebooting the blue led flashes once press volume down, will boot in to miui recovery

I've been using droid 3 bootstrap recovery, because earlier versions didn't have 4 way recovery
droid 2 bootstrap didn't work for me
Rom manager should work with droid 3 bootstrap installed
but muiu 4 way options will not work correctly like this
I think you need to reflash miui if that matters to you, i'm planning on using droid 3 bootstrap till there's an update

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
you didn't need to install CWR it is preinstalled and rom manager is interfering with miui reboot
you can try to uninstall rom manager but that may not fix it

when phone is rebooting the blue led flashes once press volume down, will boot in to miui recovery

I've been using droid 3 bootstrap recovery, because earlier versions didn't have 4 way recovery
droid 2 bootstrap didn't work for me
Rom manager should work with droid 3 bootstrap installed
but muiu 4 way options will not work correctly like this
I think you need to reflash miui if that matters to you, i'm planning on using droid 3 bootstrap till there's an update

ill play with it and figure it out, ill try the d3 bootstraper first probably. Rom manager looks like it came preinstalled with the rom, its funny that were not supposed to use rom manager but its there as soon as the phone boots.

thank you very much

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Rom manager looks like it came preinstalled with the rom,
you may be right, not sure why reboot to recovery isn't working for you
i thought it wasn't working for me because of bootstrap, maybe it was your version of CWR you installed

reboot, watch for that blue light, and press volume down
if it boots into stock recovery, reboot, watch for that blue light, and press volume down
it should say
boot
cpu settings
recovery
tools
[reboot system]
droid 2 boot menu (in middle of screen)

rom manager is known for not aways working with D2G
just do everything in CWR
screenshot_4.jpg

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
you may be right, not sure why reboot to recovery isn't working for you
i thought it wasn't working for me because of bootstrap, maybe it was your version of CWR you installed

reboot, watch for that blue light, and press volume down
if it boots into stock recovery, reboot, watch for that blue light, and press volume down
it should say
boot
cpu settings
recovery
tools
[reboot system]
droid 2 boot menu (in middle of screen)

rom manager is known for not aways working with D2G
just do everything in CWR

Pressing volume down did get me into recovery, from there I picked recovery, latest recovery, then clockworkmod recovery booted. I wiped everything and did a fresh install. Once up and running I tried picking recovery from the 4way and it still went to android recovery.
I am fine with just rebooting the phone and pressing down volume and navigating to cwr that way if it is reliable. Woud you suggest using the d3 bootstraper, or continuing on like this? Only thing I don't like is not being able to give my backups custom file names like rom manager let's you.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Hmm... I keep restarting the phone but I won't go into recovery mode. I don't have a blue light, but I still push the volume down.

I just put the zip file on my sd card too.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Hmm... I keep restarting the phone but I won't go into recovery mode. I don't have a blue light, but I still push the volume down.

I just put the zip file on my sd card too.

The blue light only works when miui is installed
You have to use bootstrap or a rom app like rom tool box or rom manager to get to CWR

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app