Gallery

Frow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Coming from other moto phones I'm missing the folder view. I haven't seen any option to change it. Does anyone know how to get the old gallery, I can't stand having everything in one place

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Or is there a picture viewer app that recognizes folders on the SD card?? I've tried creating folders in several different locations but this gallery doesn't recognize anything but "all videos" and "all photos"... I hope there's a way around this

matthileo

Reaction score
Yep. Just posted mine from CM7. It's so smooth on my Droid 3

[sent from my droid]

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Another hidden plus here..
when you load the CM7 gallery apk...
you get the old CM7 video player back...
with the ffwd/rwd buttons..
and it plays more formats than the 2.3.4 player...

Love havin that back!!!!!

amycmcc

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the picture gallery? Mine has generated it's own tags based on file names. I dont see much of a pattern to it, but the gallery force closes when I do anything in the tags screen, so I can't delete them. I have tried factory resets multiple times and even tried a new phone. I also formatted my sd card. I know it has to be in my files, but I dont see anything that doesn't belong. Could it be that I just have too many pictures?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

portermac

Reaction score
Try another gallery app and see if it is better. The one that comes with it isn't that great.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah I second that, the new Gallery sucks the bitter root of disappointment. I really like the old gallery app I got from the Market.

amycmcc

Reaction score
Thanks I will try that

916A2

Reaction score
QuickPic is the best gallery app, IMO. Give that one a shot and see if the problem remains.

amycmcc

Reaction score
I tried it. I like the hide folder options, but the thumbnail for my hidden video still shows up in my native gallery app. Any suggestions for hiding it? I tried clearing the gallery case.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I tried it. I like the hide folder options, but the thumbnail for my hidden video still shows up in my native gallery app. Any suggestions for hiding it? I tried clearing the gallery case.

Not sure if it will accomplish what you want, but you could try renaming the file to add a preceding "." (ex: myvideo.mp4 to .myvideo.mp4). Files and folders starting w/ a "." in their name are hidden in Linux and the Android OS. If you hide the file and clear the cached thumbnails it may not regenerate a thumbnail in the old gallery app.

** You may need a good alternative file management program to accomplish this. The included file manager may not allow you to do that (don't know). There are some good free ones on the market. You may also need to be "rooted".

Just a thought.