Gallery seems to be broken.

iWordplay

Reaction score
I'm running Team Kang AOKP build 38 and now my gallery acts up. Happens sometimes when selecting an image and all the time when trying to set image as wallpaper. Seems to only happen to downloaded images.

View attachment 50931

How do I fix this?

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people mention this issue with AOKP. You have three options.

1. Try clearing the data in your Gallery app. Go to settings > apps > all > Gallery > click clear data. Reboot and see if this fixes the issue.

2. Ditch your Gallery app and download QuickPic (link) from the play store. It's a superior picture app. Better cropping and much better at setting wallpapers.

3. Try a dirty flash (make sure you have a Nandroid backup before you start this). Boot into recovery > wipe cache only > re-flash build 38 > re-flash gapps > reboot and see if this fixes the issue.

OP
I

iWordplay

Reaction score
Thanks. Does clearing the gallery data erase my pictures?

Veccster

Reaction score
I'm running Team Kang AOKP build 38 and now my gallery acts up. Happens sometimes when selecting an image and all the time when trying to set image as wallpaper. Seems to only happen to downloaded images.

View attachment 50931

How do I fix this?

Drumming up an old thread but wanted to report the same issue. I am going to clear data and cache and see if that fixes it. It definitely does NOT delete your pictures.

I'd like to use the QuickPic app posted but I enter the picture app from the small thumbnail in the corner of the camera. Is there anyway to change the app that opens when you click on that thumbnail?