Gallery Question

wlscott

Reaction score
When I open my gallery to view my pics and vids, it seems very cluttered because of all the different categories. Camera pics, camera vids, camera media, All pictures and sdcard. Most of my vids are what I have transfered over from my laptop. The same video shows up in camera media, and camera videos in my gallery. Is there any way to clean this up? Maybe the way I'm transfering them over from my laptop isn't right. I drop them into the camera folder. Is this right?

Helmut

Reaction score
I thought I would do a short write up on how to move videos from the picture folder to a different folderThe only thing is you have to do this EACH TIME YOU SAVE A NEWLY CREATED VIDEO, if someone knows how to change where it stores videos default post up!This task may be accomplished easier from your computer if you have a lot of videos to move.The steps below describe the process from within the device without use of computer.

This will require the free program "ASTRO file manager" available from the market
(QR code below)

chart

O.k so you now have ASTRO (If you didnt already)

step 1. Open ASTRO and navigate to where your pictures are stored most likely in the following directory:
a. DCIM
b. camera

step 2. While in the above mentioned directory:
a. press soft menu button and select the option "new"
b. name the folder videos (or whatever you wish)

step 3.a. Now you need to move any videos you may have in the gallery in the new folder you just created in step 2.
a. Long press on the video you wish to move
b. select edit
c. select move

step 3.b. Now you need to navigate back to that folder that you created for the videos
a. press the menu soft key
b. select edit
c. Select paste

That should do it for the videos. Again you have to do this each time you create a video,if someone knows how to change where it stores videos default post up!

OP
W

wlscott

Reaction score
if someone knows how to change where it stores videos default post up!This task may be accomplished easier from your computer if you have a lot of videos to move.

Please do. I don't have Astro, and I'm having a hard time finding it somewhere that isn't blocked by the server I'm on. I don't have service where I'm at, so I can't download it from the market.