1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gallery problems with update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by u7mg0, Apr 5, 2010.

1. u7mg0

u7mg0 New Member

Installed the new update. Gallery icon on homepage looks different. touch it and says application not installed. if i go into all apps, the gallery button is there. should i delete the new gallery icon?

also, the new gallery does not have camera video as an option. where did they go? is there a better application out there for the gallery?

thx
  2. Snagtooth

Snagtooth New Member

You not understanding it properly, I think. Spend some time playing with it and yes delete the icon and re-add it. The icon is a standard place holder for the old app which is now gone. You need to add the new app to your home screen and give it a moment to load when you fire it up the first time.
  3. u7mg0

u7mg0 New Member

thx got it

the videos are all intermixed with the pictures. that is awful. i can't find just the videos. no way to sort by type?
  4. dherbel1

dherbel1 New Member

deleting the old gallery icon is definitely the answer... It solved my problem.
  5. crf69

crf69 New Member

i ran into this yesterday also......trashed the existing one and dragged up the one with a mountain sunnset......problem solved still wierd tho
  6. u7mg0

u7mg0 New Member

Still have movies mixed in with 100's of picsso hard to find them. all they have is a TINY arrow on them. i can't beleive no one else doesn't think this is an issue
  7. Absent

Absent New Member

I just did the update as well. It was taking too long so I just let it start reading photos and left it. After an hour it was fine. New gallery is great. Smooth and more user friendly though I agree that the videos being mixed in is lame. I'm sure theres a way to organize them, searching...
  8. mikehal38

mikehal38 Member

I've been searching for a way to organize the gallery also with no luck. The only solution I have found is to cut and paste my videos with astro into a video folder I created. If you have any luck please let us know.
  9. satalac

satalac New Member

All of my videos are in their own group in the gallery.
  10. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

I've not run into this issue, however as an easy fix, mount the device to your computer, then create folders in /sdcard called Pictures and Video, then separate them accordingly.
  11. u7mg0

u7mg0 New Member

how did you accomplish this? we should not have to mount our phone to a PC to organize our pics and videos. it was better before even if it wasn't as fancy looking
  12. CAROLINAGIRL

CAROLINAGIRL New Member

I like the new gallery. All my pictures/videos are in seperate files. The only issue I have, is I can't find the slideshow settings. Wasn't there an option before where we could change the slideshow settings? I can't find one now. :(
  13. u7mg0

u7mg0 New Member

do mean in separate folders? how did you do that? they are all lumped together on most of ours
  14. CAROLINAGIRL

CAROLINAGIRL New Member

They were already grouped when I opened it up. My folders: Camera, downloads, Pictures, Video…then I have several folders for different pictures I’ve taken or downloaded from apps: SpySnapshot, ewallpapers, 3d wallpapers, backgrounds, and wallpapers.

I didn’t group anything…wouldn’t even know how to, although, a post I read earlier did give me an idea…I’m going to try re-arranging them via my computer by mounting my phone with the USB cable.
  15. rsudds

rsudds New Member

subfolders and videos

Does it load faster with more subfolders? I also have a problem with all of my videos; the sound is out of sync and I get the "can't play this file" pop up even though the video continues to play in the background.
  16. uticacutie

uticacutie New Member

Hello all, I am very happy with the upgrade however when I take pics now they do not go into my gallery photos ... they are there to review in the camera mode, but do not transfer to the gallery ...any ideas???
    Uticacutie
Search tags for this page
4.3 android issues with gallery

android gallery problems

android gallery update

android update gallery picture issues
can't email pictures problems after android update

droid gallery problems

gallery problems android
motorola gallery problem

motorola gallery problems

pictures verizon android motorola problem