Gallery pictures unviewable

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
So this seems to be a recurring issue with my phone. I hope someone can help me out. When I take a picture on my X, I can see it in my gallery fine for a very short time after I take it. But anything from an hour our more past that, the picture becomes unviewable. I go into the gallery and all I get is the generic grey icon with what looks like a film strip going through it showing there is a picture there but I can't see it. It's getting to be a real pain because it pretty much rules out the use of the camera on my phone. Any help or suggestions would be great. I've formatted the sd card already and factory reset twice. I'm running GB on the phone and still it's not working right.

Reaction score
Try opening the picture with a different app, such as astro or download a picture app from the market for now until the official gingerbread update comes out

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
I just downloaded a different image viewer from the market and took a picture. If it disappears like the others, I'll let you know. Thanks for the tip. I hope it works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
Unfortunately it didn't work, I still can't see the pix at all. It shows failure to load in the other app I downloaded to view pix in.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Factory data reset appeared to work for about a week, then it continued to do it again.

How did I fix? Moved apps to phone, moved pictures to computer and FORMAT the sd card! No problems since.

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
I tried that but still no joy. What it looks like is interesting though... When I view the pix sometimes in a downloaded app like quick pic, it shows part of the pic and the rest in some random color grey, green and the transition in between is pixelated, as if it's corrupt or something but it doesn't matter if it's a new pic or not or whether I reset the phone, format the sd card or anything. I cannot get a pic to just stay viewable and when I put it on the computer, the computer can't view it either. It's bizarre. I'm really stumped on this one. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Swyped with speed on GB Droid X