Gallery & Picasa

fizband

Reaction score
I have not downloaded any new gallery app. It is the one that came with my BIONIC. Is there a way to check for an update to that app? The problem doesn't seem to be the gallery, rather the problem seems to be with "Adding the account to the BIONIC". I touch on "My Accounts", then "Add account", then select "Picasa (Gallery)". After I do that, I put in my google user name and password, touch "next", and it comes back with that error. To verify it was not a user/password problem, I tried the same user name and a bad password, and it properly complained that the password was wrong. So, I'm quite confident that it is authenticating properly, and then failing. On my "Setup accounts", I noticed that Picasa and YouTube both have the word "(Gallery)" next to them. I wonder if those account setup icons are associated with Gallery, and if gallery was uninstalled, it would also remove those from the "Setup Accounts" screen.
non that i know of , tried searching for it too buti have not found any new gallery updates(the one that came pre installed with Bionic) and both verizon and motorola 2nd level tech support are referring you to use of 3rd party software when ever you mention problem with apps and i called them alot* . it seems they are aware of the problem with syncing errors with the pre installed apps. I also had the same error as you did but mine happened when i was adding a facebook account, i recieved an internal clock error. . I dont think that picsa and youtube are assoiciated with gallery as they might have their own galleries. the preinstalled galleries needs to be linked your other accounts for it to get phot data & video data from them.

gkaplan

Reaction score
Today I went to the Verizon store and tried to add a Picasa account to one of their display BIONICs. It would not add my account. So, I am certain that it is not just my phone. Then, I created an entirely new Picasa account with a different userid/pwd and tried to add that account to my phone - same error. There is most definitely a bug in the gallery, but it amazes me that there are so few posts on the Internet declaring the problem. I'm not even sure whose app it is anymore. Is the default "Gallery" app from Google or Motorola?

fizband

Reaction score
Today I went to the Verizon store and tried to add a Picasa account to one of their display BIONICs. It would not add my account. So, I am certain that it is not just my phone. Then, I created an entirely new Picasa account with a different userid/pwd and tried to add that account to my phone - same error. There is most definitely a bug in the gallery, but it amazes me that there are so few posts on the Internet declaring the problem. I'm not even sure whose app it is anymore. Is the default "Gallery" app from Google or Motorola?

• [*=1]it is from motorola, would you happen to know if stock bionic from verizon has a motoblur installed in it? cause i think that is the one linking everything[*=1]pre installed to other accounts.[*=1]you could learn more about it at the motorola website.[*=1]I think that it is the moto blur that has a problem not the app itself so whatever method you try to fix it i don't think you'll find any solution as information from[*=1]example : picasa goes throught motoblur server before going into your droid bionic.

• [*=1]that would be my next call later to verizon, also to find out as well as finding out if they would replace my phone as motorola also cant find a fix for it.[*=1]i could send my phone to motorola to be repaired but that would 10 regular days (about 2 weeks) of no phone.[*=1]since the problem is the pre installed items which you cannot remove that makes it technically part of the phone,[*=1]thus having a broken pre installed software means having a defective phone. makes sense doesn't it?[*=1]but id have to check with a lawyer to see if that is true.

as of know i'll just try asking about it and hope for the best.

joey301

Reaction score
no picasa in gallery

Oh, me too. This is why I came here today. I never had any problem with my original Droid gallery. I am getting server error notices too.
Joey

dannyro

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that MotoBlur wouldnt work with getting your pics from Picasa on the stock Gallery app. I downloaded Just Pictures from the market and it works like a charm for Picasa and all pics on your phone.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that MotoBlur wouldnt work with getting your pics from Picasa on the stock Gallery app. I downloaded Just Pictures from the market and it works like a charm for Picasa and all pics on your phone.

Stock is working just fine for me. Picasa, Facebook, Flickr, etc

joey301

Reaction score

Thanks, I will try that. But, the one that came with the phone should work!

joey301

Reaction score
Shouldn't I be able to set my picasso gallery pics as wallpaper

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I started a thread several days ago. When I originally set up my bionic, Picasa and FB pics synced to the Gallery. They worked awesome and lightning fast compared to my OG Droid. Then a few days later Picasa went away in the Gallery, and a few days after that the FB pics went away. the FB app works fine. I can open Picas on the phone. The Social app (blur?) is also no longer syncing.

I get error messages when I try to delete the sync. VZW says they don't know. Moto says factory reset. I'll do without unless a better solution pops up

joey301

Reaction score
picassa

I started a thread several days ago. When I originally set up my bionic, Picasa and FB pics synced to the Gallery. They worked awesome and lightning fast compared to my OG Droid. Then a few days later Picasa went away in the Gallery, and a few days after that the FB pics went away. the FB app works fine. I can open Picas on the phone. The Social app (blur?) is also no longer syncing.

I get error messages when I try to delete the sync. VZW says they don't know. Moto says factory reset. I'll do without unless a better solution pops up

I am disappointed that VZ doesn't know, and I do not want to do a factor reset. The weird thing...sometimes, it still works. I was able to open my picasa photos yesterday using the Gallery, this is the first time I have been able to do that in a long time. However, only part of my picasa shows up. But there is no option within the gallery to add any of my photos as wall paper. It was simple to do that with my original Droid. I am afraid I am finding quite a few issues with this phone now...I may be falling out of love with this thing :(

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am disappointed that VZ doesn't know, and I do not want to do a factor reset. The weird thing...sometimes, it still works. I was able to open my picasa photos yesterday using the Gallery, this is the first time I have been able to do that in a long time. However, only part of my picasa shows up. But there is no option within the gallery to add any of my photos as wall paper. It was simple to do that with my original Droid. I am afraid I am finding quite a few issues with this phone now...I may be falling out of love with this thing :(

There is a way to add Picasa pics to your wall paper. I did it before my functionality quit. I don't remember what I did, and I can't walk you through it with mine not working.

joey301

Reaction score
Got it to work

I got the wallpaper to work using pics from the Picasa Gallery. But, I did not go through the Gallery, Instead, I did a long press on the home page and went to Wall paper. From there, i was able to chose a picasa picture.