Gallery not updating photos on SD card

mkw87

Reaction score
I have been having this problem for a while. Any picture i move on my SD card doesn't get moved in the gallery app on my Droid. New pictures show up.

Is there a cache on the SD card i can try clearing? I tried clearing app data, sdrescan app, rebooting, unmount/mount SD card - nothing helped. I've noticed this on several 2.2 roms so it's not specific to the one I'm using.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sbursik

Reaction score
Make sure that there isn't a .nomedia file in your directory that contains your photos or at the root of your sdcard.

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Make sure that there isn't a .nomedia file in your directory that contains your photos or at the root of your sdcard.

JustPictures still sees the pictures and updates properly, but I checked anyways and there isn't a .nomedia file - good idea though.

Like I said the images show up, new images (pictures I've taken) also show up but show up in their own folder, even if another folder matches that name. After I move the image on the SD card, the old link still exists, and it used to update a new one but lately it doesn't even do that.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
unmount ur SDcard then mount it. it'll fix the problem

Tried that last night three times, phone froze twice, last time once it remounted it hadn't fixed it. I will try it again tho. I also tried SDRescan like I said, which essentially does the same thing, and it didn't work either.

regkilla

Reaction score

Tried that last night three times, phone froze twice, last time once it remounted it hadn't fixed it. I will try it again tho. I also tried SDRescan like I said, which essentially does the same thing, and it didn't work either.

odd. do u have LED Hack installed on ur SDcard?

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score

odd. do u have LED Hack installed on ur SDcard?

Nope, nothing unusual installed. It used to eventually fix itself but now doesn't seem to. It could be something that is part of the ROM I'm using (JRummy 5.0.9), but I noticed it on previous versions, and I had the issue of the gallery not updating on Chevy's SS too.

sbursik

Reaction score
Try deleting the thumbnails. /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails

I think after you do that you may have reboot.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Try deleting the thumbnails. /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails

Tried that as well. Tried it first using ES Explorer and it never would complete deleting them so I hooked it up to my computer and deleted it that way. Opened the gallery, it rebuilt everything, but still thinks images are places they aren't. There has to be a file somewhere it is referencing. I may end up formatting the SD card.

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
I also found a folder in android/com.cooliris.?/cache and deleted them but it still shows the old and duplicate ones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mkw87

Reaction score
Triple post but I figured out one way to remove duplicates..........had to wipe data and cache. New pictures still don't show up, may have to switch ROMs.

Last edited: