1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

gallery>library>wtf?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by c_mack9, Sep 10, 2011.

1. c_mack9

c_mack9 New Member

why is every skin from beautiful widgets showing up in my gallery? theres hundreds of them. makes it awfully difficult to use it.
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

did you move BW to your SDCard by chance?
  3. chris420o

chris420o New Member

yeah i am having the same friggin issue i been searching EVERYWHERE for this damn cache where is ittt so i can put a damn .nomedia!!!
  4. wseyller

wseyller New Member

The stock gallery app is crap all together. I installed quickpic as a replacement. Leaps and bounds better and should allow you to hide those images from your view

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. DevilDog0331

DevilDog0331 New Member

seriously, any fix for this?
  6. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Beautiful Widgets should automatically include .nomedia files... It's not the gallery's fault. It finds all the images it can. If images were failing to show up people would be complaining about that also. :D
  7. jaycbrf4

jaycbrf4 New Member

Ok... I just fixed this on my Droid 3.

Copy DCIM folder to computer. Delete DCIM folder from phone.

Go to manage Applications and clear Gallery's cache.

Find your .nomedia file... I got mine in the Games folder from the Nova demo data folder.

Paste the .nomedia folder into each individual skin's folder. So go into Data/Beautifulwidgets/skins and copy into each folder in there... Then go into Data/Beautifulwidgets/wskins and do the same... then bskins... scskins and so on.

I noticed that some downloaded skins already had a .nomedia file there so I skipped it and moved on to the next skin's folder until I pasted a .nomedia file into every skin folder in the BeautifulWidgets folder.

open Gallery and delete everything that is in there. I had like 504 generic photo icons from the skin jpegs. I selected multiple and then deleted.

copy DCIM folder back to phone. open Gallery and you should be all set... At least I was...
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

That's the way to go. There are several apps that'll hide any albums that just pop up.
  9. scdown

scdown New Member

Yeah, quickpic lets you include and exclude folders from the search - I choose to include only what I need to speed things up.
  10. wseyller

wseyller New Member

If only when using the camera could i get to quickpic instead of the stock gallery when using the camera app's preview. Wish it would give us a choice as to a default.
  11. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid New Member

I really hate apps that automatically scan my drives/cards for files it thinks I might want it to include. Like most users here, I'm smart enough to know where my pictures are, and if the app wants to look for them somewhere other than their default location, it should let me specify where to look.
  12. eap369

eap369 New Member

hide pics

any one know if you can hide pics completely from the stock gallery finding them? i tried quickpic and is says once you hide the folder no other app should be able to find them but the stock gallery still shows the pics.dancedroid
Search tags for this page

motorolla my library

my library droid shortcut

my library gallery on droid 3

my library on droid 4