Gallery is Slow

fearthewopr

Reaction score
Something I have noticed is that the gallery is very slow...painfully when I open an attachment from Touchdown or gmail...It just sits there for 10sec or so then finally displays the image.

I dont see to remember this issue on other roms I've tried, but I cant confirm that.

anyone else?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How large are these images your opening?
Until the phone downloads/fetches the attachment, then processes it into the gallery, it may very well be quite some time.
I'm not saying you should, but try downloading the exact same image on different roms and then see how much of a difference it is. And do it where you have relatively the same signal...3g or wifi....just to take download speeds out of the equation.

My gallery works just fine...maybe a second or two at the most to open attachments.

heleos

Reaction score
When I first open the gallery after a wipe, it takes forever to load, but after they're cached, it should open fairly quickly. My gallery is pretty snappy now, I haven't noticed any lag

frozty

Reaction score
Same here I've been having troubles with 1.0 sadly 8.4 was more stable

brochaos

Reaction score
i was gonna say...the gallery isn't always the snappiest, but it is that way on all roms.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i believe its froyo itself not the rom. i had same issue with BB and Jrummy also and now on sapphire. =/ o well i lived with it so long now it doesnt bother me most of the time. .

pushdrops

Reaction score
i've noticed this since going to sapphire 1.0 , didn't seem as slow Cyanogen 6 rc2 (my 1st custom rom) , didn't think to mention to seeing this thread...