Gallery images....where the heck do they come from???

madspeed

Reaction score
When I pull up my gallery, I get a bunch of images that are pulled from the google account somehow, as well as some other folders I have no idea where they are from I as have some root explorer images???

ntrddragn

Reaction score
the gallery will show all images on the sd card from apps like beatiful widgets etc...so be careful about those pr0n sites. ;) LOL

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it also pulls pictures from your picasa albums too....

you can disable the picasa pictures too....

menu > settings > accounts & sync > tap on your email address > uncheck picasa web albums.

brando56894

Reaction score
As someone else said it takes pics from everywhere on the sdcard, pretty damn annoying if you ask me.

Last edited:

bje1982

Reaction score
As someone else said it takes pics from everywhere on the sdcard, pretty damn annoying if you ask me. I have all my pics in a directory but the gallery also throws in album art, so its pretty much worthless since I have to scroll through all the album art to find my pics.

ive wondered the same thing.. is there any way to fix this?

brando56894

Reaction score
I just googled if there was a way to get album art out of the gallery and people said if you name the art file "albumart.jpg" it wont show up in the gallery. Another suggestion was to just delete them from the gallery, which I can confirm works since I just deleted an album art folder from gallery and it still exists outside of the gallery.

You can also place a file called .nomedia inside a folder and the gallery will skip over it, but other multimedia programs will also. I tried to put this in my music folder and forgot about it, the next day when I opened up mixzing all my music was gone and I freaked out lol

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The .nomedia approach works well IMO. Check your apps to see if they already have options to exclude items from the Gallery.

chudilo

Reaction score
.nomedia works well but
I agree there should be a way to include folders (rather then exclude)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to figure out how to force the gallery to open a specific image for the backround, it seems to be random according to what level you are on, but rotates what image it selects ....