Gallery gone missing

shaybayy

Reaction score
My gallery just suddonly disappeared this morning and now none of my pictures are saving and ive lost all my other pictures. Any one have this issue before? Anyone know how to fix it. Don't feel like heading down to Verizon again in the last week, just had this phone replaced because it was messed up too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

heath223

Reaction score
My market disapeared last night and I came across a post that helped me get it back, might work for you as well.

Push and hold the power button, when the popup comes up choose restart. It will do a soft reset. Report back if it worked or not.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Here is what I would try. First unmount the SD card by going to Settings > SD & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card. Then exit and go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > tap on the All tab. Scroll down to Gallery and tap it. If the numbers are going all haywire, just wait until it stops in a second or two, go back one level and choose gallery again and it should be fine (known bug). Now you want to clear cache and clear data. Once you do that, hold the power button and restart the phone. That may take care of it.

If the gallery does not appear in manage applications ALL tab, then you may have to do a factory reset.

gkirbz

Reaction score
Please help! I had the same issue today, but I can't get the gallery app back. I tried the above fixes, but no luck. It is still listed under Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab, but there is no data and no cache. Also, the gallery app is not found under the app shortcut next to the phone shortcut on my main page. It just disappeared! I wasn't messing with anything! If I can't fix it, where can I find the "stock" gallery app for my incredible2??!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
U r going to have to factory reset in settings under sdcard and storage.

Sent from my Incredible 2

gkirbz

Reaction score
Yes, thank you for the reply. Did a reset and all is well. Except for having to start over!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, factory reset sucks but it happens to a lot of Android devices when there is a major update.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Wouldn't the SDRescan app in the market solve this problem?

What that does is tells Android to re-scan the card for media files that you may have modified or added. It just helps you find pictures in the gallery that are on the card but not showing up. The gallery being gone completely will not come back with a rescan.

info4tim

Reaction score
Known HTC "feature". Download Quicpic from market - blows away their silly gallery app.

ki3t1995

Reaction score
Do you have a task killer installed? This can cause apps to disappear.

Send from my Incredible 2