1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gallery from 2.1 (From Sholes 1.2) crashes - battery pull

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Se7enLC, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I just installed Sholes 1.2, and so far I'm impressed. Everything seems to work as advertised. The 2.1 Launcher is crazy slow, though, so I just went back to Home++ again.

So far the only major problem is that the 2.1 Gallery crashes HARD - Requires a battery pull or it reboots itself.

I just tried a clear cache + data. Took a long time to start the next time, but I got the same problem again.

It should be noted that I have a few large movies on there - 500mb+. Any thoughts, suggestions?
  2. thistle

thistle New Member

Several people have reported this in the Sholes.info threads here and all alldroid.
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I found the cause (my cause, anyway). I reverted back to Gallery 2.01 and found that Gallery was STILL causing the droid to crash/reboot.

Turns out, the videos being created by QIK are somehow not playing nicely with Gallery. Once I deleted those videos, Gallery was happy again, even the 2.1 version. Hope this helps somebody else!
  4. zeiroe

zeiroe New Member

I hade a couple items in my "download" folder that was causing problems with gallery untill i deleted it.
  5. terl00

terl00 New Member

i did the same deleted downloads and now works fine...hope i am not jinxing myself
  6. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

why the heck are you running sholes 1.2 right now? lol that is an extremely outdated OS