1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gallery Displaying Wrong Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Taco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Taco

Taco New Member

I was running metickmod frg83 and did a full wipe and fresh install of gimpsource 3.1. I setup the phone and flashed the gimpybread theme. After running into kernel issues I did a full wipe and restored my metickmod backup.

Upon the restore I went to fix the lockscreen background for my goto lockscreen app. When the gallery loaded it displays pictures and videos but with incorrect thumbnails. If you select a thumbnail it will start loading one pic but eventually load the "real" one. Also it is displaying some pics that aren't even in the folders it says they are in.

To remedy this I tried force stoping gallery, clearing its data and rebooting. I also rebooted into recovery and cleared the cache. This did nothing.

I also tried flashing other backups to only get the same problem.

In astro file manager I noticed I have the sd card folder in 2 locations. One where it should be and one in a folder called "mnt". Both are exact duplicates. I've never noticed this before, am I blind or could this be part of the issue?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Heck ill donate to any dev who can fix this for me and clear my confusion!

/edit:

Problem was resolved by locating the galleries cache folder in sdcard/android/data and deleting it aswell as the .thumbnails folder in sdcard/dcim ... then rebooting to recovery and clearing the cache.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.
Search tags for this page

android clear thumbnail cache

android delete gallery thumbnails
android delete thumbnail cache
android gallery displays wrong pictures
android gallery incorrect thumbnail
android gallery thumbnail incorrect

android gallery thumbnails wrong

clear thumbnail cache android

how to clear thumbnail cache android
how to delete android gallery thumbnail cache