Gallery closes as soon as it opens

davidmanvell

Reaction score
One of the games on my Droid X crashed and when I reset the rest (Off and on) the gallery no longer works. As soon as you launch it the window opens then closes again immediately. I have checked via other sources and the picture files are still there.

Suggestions?

( I am new at this so may take some explaining)

Dave

somegeek

Reaction score
One of the games on my Droid X crashed and when I reset the rest (Off and on) the gallery no longer works. As soon as you launch it the window opens then closes again immediately. I have checked via other sources and the picture files are still there.

Suggestions?

( I am new at this so may take some explaining)

Dave

A formatting of the SD card did the trick for me. No idea why this was required. Copy all your files off the SD card(via USB), unmount SD, format SD, mount SD and then move them back, Gallery should work again. Not sure why the format is required but it's what fixed my issue.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try resetting the app first by going to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/click on gallery force stop and clear data. Then try it again.

OP
D

davidmanvell

Reaction score
I did try the resetting of the app by clearing the data. that did not work. How can I tell which files are on the SD card and which are not?