Gallery - Cache Folder WTF?

emonsterick

Reaction score
Every time I open up my gallery I get a folder called cache with four black, empty pictures inside. It doesn't matter how many times I delete it, every time I open the gallery back up, there they are.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's causing this and what I can do to get it to stop? My sanity is at it's breaking point!

Thank you!

snap20100424_112110.png

EDIT: I got it on stock Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 and am getting it as well with smoked glass-esque.

Last edited:

Dr01d

Reaction score
Yup just started getting this yesterday myself. I also have to manually refresh my SDCard to see new pictures in my gallery occasionally. Running TeamChaos rom.

rcfx

Reaction score
Huh, I just started getting this too, strange. Easy to fix though, just put a blank file in that same directory called .nomedia and it won't show up in your gallery.

edit: here is where the folder is on my sdcard: /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/cache

Last edited:

Sal R.

Reaction score
Started after an update to beautiful Widgets that used transparency.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I have a folder in my gallery called Drop Box. There is only one picture in this Drop Box section. I cannot delete it...it doesn't give me the option to delete it. I even went through Astro File Manager to find it...but I cannot. It is the weirdest thing.

rcfx

Reaction score
I have a folder in my gallery called Drop Box. There is only one picture in this Drop Box section. I cannot delete it...it doesn't give me the option to delete it. I even went through Astro File Manager to find it...but I cannot. It is the weirdest thing.

Get the name of the pic in the gallery and find it with a search using root explorer. Then you can put that .nomedia file in it to hide it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Go to SDcard/Data/BeautifulWidgets/Cache and delete the 4 files. Hopefully it won't happen again, if it does I will make Dev aware.

FYI, "Drop Box" is your default Picasa Folder for adding pics, it shows up because you are syncing with Google Picasa on the web.

karyney

Reaction score
I am also getting this. I delete it through Astro and it literally refreshes before my eyes, I can't get rid of them.

Edit: They're gone! Finally. I hope they stay that way. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Dr01d

Reaction score
Huh, I just started getting this too, strange. Easy to fix though, just put a blank file in that same directory called .nomedia and it won't show up in your gallery.

edit: here is where the folder is on my sdcard: /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/cache

Ty =)

longer message

billyk

Reaction score
Just started getting this too. I am a new Beautiful Widgets owner. I just chucked the files using Astro as instructed earlier in this thread. Hope they do not reappear!