Gald I waited - Palm Pre, Storm, iPhone

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by souljerr, Oct 28, 2009.

1. souljerr

souljerr New Member

I've been patiently waiting, hoping and wishing that I would be rewarded for keeping my Treo700w. I've put up with the non-working letters on the keyboard, the freezing, phone losing the ability to find my SD card. I've seen the contenders come (Storm, different BlackBerry phones, iPhone) but I held my ground. Even if the Droid doesn't live up to all of the hype, I finally have a great phone to replace my dying piece of Palm crap. :p
  2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Damn, can't believe you were able to hold out as long as you did! The 700W is old!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes this phone lives up to the hype, even 80% of it and it will be a great phone.
  3. souljerr

souljerr New Member

And the whole time my wife is trying to convince me how great her BlackBerry is. Yeah, whatever.
  4. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Blackberry has been great to me for the most part. My only complaint is that the phone starts getting really slow the longer you use it. Having do a factory reset every 4 months sucks.

Also, the Tour the "ball" sucks. My old Curve worked much better.
  5. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

That was a decent phone back in the day :) What kept you from buying the pre?

6. souljerr

souljerr New Member

Actually started with HandSpring and have stuck with Palm but the Pre seemed a bit sluggish to me. I decided to wait and see what would happen after an upgrade to the OS. That's when I started hearing about the Storm 2 and new iPhone so I figured I'd just wait to see what the end of the year bought. Damn glad I waited.
  7. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Once Palm went to Windows CE I knew they would die.... very sad.
  8. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

love my blackberry too (once i got the newest OS) but i'm ready for something new.. it just seems like it sort of half-a$$es everything now. yeah, kinda like my capitalization skills... but like johndroid said, if it so much as lives up to just a good CHUNK of the hype surrounding it, the new phones will rock.
  9. souljerr

souljerr New Member

I think the fact that we have all of these phone hardware companies Apple, Palm, Moto, Nokia -- innovating and competing is great for us as consumers. Google getting into the fray will only drive MS, Apple, Palm to step up their OS games. Great time to be in the market!
  10. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

agreed. a little competition is always good.
  11. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Could not agree more. When there is competition, the consumer always wins.
  12. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Well really it seems there are two OS choices right now, unless the other companies get off their butts and start creating something worth a crap. Apple and droid, i should include palm in there because the new OS they came out with was leaps and bounds better then their old platform. But MS and BB are going the way of the dinosaur if they cannot keep up with the market.
  13. bassic83

bassic83 New Member

I have had WinCE phones for years now, and while they seem to be mainly functional, I am tired of the same old crap from M$. I work as a technical support IT guy, and I am looking forward to something that actually is customizable. WinCE phones make me, well, WinCE! They had memory leak problems, they would get corrupt for no reason at all (perhaps it is the politician in them?), and the only reason I kept them around was for the Contact manglement (M$ Look Out!, anyone?) That interoperability with Look Out! has actually saved my butt in the past. Corp requires CrackBerries, so I have some contacts duped on my personal Ozone and CrackBerry. No biggie. But I am looking forward to a brand new Droid come Friday. I am going to camp out Thurs nite at the VZW store (can't deal with Worst Buy), and we'll see what I walk out with Friday...
  14. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

I would if i were you, just drive by the store, if there seems to be a huge amount of people then maybe I would pull up a chair and join them, (unless you just love camping out :) ) Otherwise i think it would be more then ok to just show up at around the time the store would open (for most people that is).
  15. souljerr

souljerr New Member

Windows XP Phone

Not sure about launch in the U.S. but there is a new Windows XP based phone I found yesterday

xpphone - The World First breakthrough

The whole point about competition being a good thing definitely applies in this case. I say keep them coming so innovation will continue.
  16. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

The one thing I have noticed about Microsoft is they usually try to mimic others software, and they usually F*** it up royally. Though not saying this phone will be bad at all, time will tell though.