Galaxy Tablet USB Driver??

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Anyone have success installing a USB driver that will connect to the Galaxy Tablet? I have tried multiple times with the drivers from the Android SDK and it just wont find the device with this error:
"Windows was unable to install your SAMSUNG_Android"

OP
MonarchWines

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Driver installed but still no connection

It installed and I get to the
Android Phone
Android ADB Interface

In the Device manager but nothing . Tablet sees USB connected and says it mounts but no drive or anything showing in Windows 7 (32)

Also nothing no devices listed with "adb devices"

This is a bit frustrating, I wonder how Samsung expects a basic user to connect this to their pc and download some music or files.......

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
If you all you want is to access to the SD card then you don't need a special driver. Just hook it up to the computer, pull down the notification bar, choose the USB connection, and change it to USB Mass storage. The SD card should mount. At that point you can manually move music to the folders on the SD card.

Be sure to properly unmount the SD card before unplugging from the computer. Also you need to change the USB connection back to Charge Only or one of the PC settings before the tablet will recognize it.

If you are trying some of the PC syncing stuff, can't help you, but I'm sure someone else can.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For USB Mass storage to work, turn off USB Debugging. Took me a while to figure out this one.

OP
MonarchWines

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Excellent USB Solution

Thats that was exactly the issue mounting.. As soon as I turned the USB debugging off and connected the USB it mounted right up as a drive..

Thanks

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now where do I put the movies I want to transfer to it. USB debugging was my issue too BTW..

Eli23nyc

Reaction score
now where do I put the movies I want to transfer to it. USB debugging was my issue too BTW..

As you may have figured by now.. it doesn't really matter where you put them. I just made a folder on my SD Card called Video and threw them in there. The show up in the Video app and also in the Gallery just fine.

mosone

Reaction score
If you want the USB driver...install kies. It has the drivers.

Scottyf79

Reaction score
Will the tab be able to recognise a hdd or USB stick through the camera connect kit to increase storage further still?

tegrevboy

Reaction score
Oh btw KIES is a pita with Win 7 64 bit it fought me through the whole install. Just giving a heads up.

sent from my Samsung Tab

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh btw KIES is a pita with Win 7 64 bit it fought me through the whole install. Just giving a heads up.

sent from my Samsung Tab

Please elaborate. I'll have to install this soon so any details would be appreciated.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab

iceburn

Reaction score
install the USB drivers for another android device (found on samsung's website). i have an ATT captivate and a Verizon Galaxy tab. The drivers available from samsung for the captivate work for the galaxy tab just fine.

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
Try visiting this link samsung-galaxy.net/how-to-turn-your-galaxy-tab-to-ext4/ where you can see brief description including installing the USB driver.