Galaxy Tab Pre Sale & Giveaway

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
tabsale.jpg
Hey guys, Samsung apparently has a good side to them. The latest in mobile tablet technology that was just announced a few months ago with features that will knock the socks out of any all touch tablets around, is now being hurled your way via twitter. The giveaway is not the longest one out there, but hay, you’re getting a free brand new unreleased touch tablet, so who's is complaining.

• The contest runs from today (Oct. 25) through Nov. 8
• Between now and then, head to the Samsung Mobile U.S. Twitter account:mad:samsungmobileUS
• Follow the account and Tweet responses to questions that are asked, as well as the hashtag #WINGALAXYTAB
• If you're picked, you will win a Galaxy Tab on the carrier of your choice

If this competition is not for you, the device is being sold now over at Bestbuy. They have some pre-sale going on for the Verizon and Sprint variant of this device. These devices are priced like announced. At $599, they can certainly put a permanent dent on your bank account, but for the hardware you’re getting, it might be worth it.

Via: AndroidCentral

Last edited:

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
At $599, they can certainly put a permanent dent on your back account, but for the hardware you’re getting, it might be worth it.

Just messing but is that bank or back account.... cause both are fine with me... Any way you look it LOL it will be a kick in your back side on pricing. :)

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
carrier options?

Are you required to active this with a carrier? I'd love to win one but I wouldn't need to have it running through a carrier since I could use it with WiFi or with the wireless tether on my smartphone. Looks like a cool device though.

d1same

Reaction score
I have never tried one of these contests before, because always though there is no chance for me, but I'm gonna try it for the first time because I just love android!!!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
ghorig, there is a wifi-only model that will be sold at Best Buy for $499. It may not be part of the pre-sale; I don't know.

griz8791

Reaction score
Stupid question:

Can you make phone calls with this device?

I know it's too big to hold up to your ear. I'd be using a bluetooth headset or car bluetooth, just like I do now with my Droid 1.

If you can actually use this thing as a phone, I'll have a hard time resisting it. The first photos I ever saw of the device suggested the phone features were intact, but recent press releases about Verizon offering a data plan for it but no mention of anything else suggest that it won't actually work as phone.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
VOIP may work. There's a SKYPE app on the market. VOIP calls have also been added to GMail on desktop browsers and there's a rumor that it will be added to the mobile Google Voice app.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm not really feeling the Galaxy Tab. I'm waiting to see what's up next week with the Archos 101 (supposed to be released on the 1st) and if it tests poorly I'm going with the iPad.

bigtex52

Reaction score
I just played with one of these today at work and it is top notch! It is like a giant droid and very fast and ultra smooth. It did take me a bit to figure out how to change the language from German to US English but the Settings icon looks the same as on all of the other Android devices.